PDA

View Full Version : 2014 trx450r

Miguel1994
06-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't want to upset you guys about this, because there has already been plenty of info about Honda new 450R, but I just want to pass and tell you I heared this is the year.

Honda has already made some major unveils on the pioneer, this cold really be it guys.

Regards

Smoker
06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
Chances are they will. Things are moving again slowly (not for all but some) and racing is growing again. Really I just don't see them doing anything ground breaking. Most of the other companies have been advancing the technology on their bikes while Honda has remained the same. Not complaining, the present 450R is still a great base for a race bike, once built. Perhaps the new bike won't need as much money thrown at it be on par. I doubt many will run out and buy it, especially if you've got you bike set up right or the way you want.

chronicsmoke
06-12-2013, 11:23 AM
That's the way I see it.. It will be cool to see and I'm definitely excited for it.

Will I sell my 05 and go buy a 14? Nope.

desratt
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Right. Now no news is good news. Usually if there are only cosmetic changes they release them earlier and major remakes are more toward the end of the year. It used to be hat the honda dealershow. But that doesn't exist anymore due to budget cuts.

blacknblue#2
06-13-2013, 04:44 AM
^^^ agreed...The fact that a lot of 14s have already been released from honda and the 450R aint one of them, thats a good sign.

2001400exrida
06-13-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't want to upset you guys about this, because there has already been plenty of info about Honda new 450R, but I just want to pass and tell you I heared this is the year.

Honda has already made some major unveils on the pioneer, this cold really be it guys.

Regards

Not gonna happen. Honda will release a model very similar to last year. No aluminum frame, no FI....it's all heresay. Might I ask where did you hear that this is the year? Please don't say dirt wheels.

redrocker
06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Bold new graphics !!!!!

kbass24emtp
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Bold new graphics !!!!!

Dang you beat me to it.

Miguel1994
06-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Not gonna happen. Honda will release a model very similar to last year. No aluminum frame, no FI....it's all heresay. Might I ask where did you hear that this is the year? Please don't say dirt wheels.

Aftermarket parts producers.

Logan #34's Dad
06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I still don't understand why Honda just does not put the 450F motor in the quads.... It'd make more financial sense to build one 450 engine for both bikes and quads... How cool would it be to have the F.I. 450F motor in these quads....They'd have everyone selling the old and buying new and many switching brands to Honda. For the powerful minds at Honda, it would not be hard to redo the frame mounts to accept the 450F motor, simply do one the old fashion way then enter the info into the CAD comuters - Done.

blacknblue#2
06-14-2013, 05:09 AM
I still don't understand why Honda just does not put the 450F motor in the quads.... It'd make more financial sense to build one 450 engine for both bikes and quads... How cool would it be to have the F.I. 450F motor in these quads....They'd have everyone selling the old and buying new and many switching brands to Honda. For the powerful minds at Honda, it would not be hard to redo the frame mounts to accept the 450F motor, simply do one the old fashion way then enter the info into the CAD comuters - Done.

I agree 100%. WHile Most common ppl that already have spent the money to have one built to race probably wouldnt buy one, everyone else would. All it would take is one major change like EFI and everyone that only rides in their field or at their local campground would have one just to say they have one. Real racers are a small percentage of sport quad sales. I remember when the YFZR first come out. ppl were flocking to have one just to have that "race stance" and EFI and be able to finance it off the showroom..In their eyes they were getting a pro level quad at an MSRP price cause the advertisement told them they were.

Miguel1994
06-14-2013, 05:32 AM
The TRX has always been the most unpopupar quad here in Portugal, don't ask me why.

The sales champs here are the LTR and YFZR.

Honda even had to get their price much lower in the TRX, when 700 were discontinued their price was something near 6K$, (making a skechy conversion to your currency).

Let's face it, innovation is what sells, even though it always represents a real evolution, you what I mean right?

Regards

ATVRacing2
06-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh Boy, here we go again, hey im sure ThePhantomRider will come out of retirement again and have something to say about this topic, like he has for the past few years:rolleyes:

blacknblue#2
06-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Im not saying I believe its coming or not but it would be cool if this was the year. It Is the 10 year anniversary of the 450R

01boneless
06-15-2013, 07:12 AM
look at the 400ex its been the same for 14 years minus plastic and reverse...there not gonna change what works imo

DnB_racing
06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
look at the 400ex its been the same for 14 years minus plastic and reverse...there not gonna change what works imo

I completely agree...very minor changes at best to come!!

and that's a good thing...I have been helping friends with FI quads... what a waste of time!!
its alright for people that set it and forget it( or have it set for them) but for the average backyard mechanic its above there pay grade
I sometimes change my setup by the week, and my carb is all I need a quick jet changer and off I go..
and I don't have to carry a laptop with me on tuning trips,
as the power commanders have a VERY limited map settings, and most times not full adjustable for all conditions or modifications

thank god Honda is the way it is.

if something goes wrong with your carb...you clean it or at worst a jet or a seal.. something you could do in minutes at the track or at your truck in the trails,
if something fails in you FI system you better be good at troubleshooting a much more complex electrical system along with a much more complicated fuel delivery system.
FI is great for most people that have the shops tune and fix there motors,,
I have worked on tuned and fixed several FI quads, and don't see it as a simple fix, and I feel im a very capable electrician, programmer, mechanic, and tuner..
its just more then the average weekend warrior will be able to do

now when our quads act up we have a small amount of items that could be the problem...add FI and your list of possible issues just grew ,,your quad doesn't seam to accelerate good, now plug, fuel, filter, mechanical...add FI.. sensors, more connections, fuel delivery seals, pumps .and on and on..
in my opinion just another way to have the dealers lock up all your maintainece and tuning..

.the maintaince of these 4 stokes is all ready way too much, why add additional costs??

Smoker
06-17-2013, 10:59 AM

As usual it's only speculation. Honda has to get on board eventually since the other machines have been advancing. Sales are starting to finally creep back so they may leap. The FI subject, the government has pushed for it due to emissions (since dirt bikes and quads are the super polluters in the world, yeah right....China). Performance wise, I was reading in a dirt bike magazine that most builders would prefer to have a well tuned carb. Not just because of the simplicity but the numbers come out better with less tuning. Yes, FI is self adjusting for atmospheric changes but it is still a lot more complex to get FI tuned right, not to mention expensive. My last jet cost $6. Much speculation for Honda as usual but you may have noticed, they are releasing new stuff so it may be time. Hopefully something exciting, probably just to get on the level with what other manufacturers have been building for a few years, we'll see.

Logan #34's Dad
07-03-2013, 11:45 PM
And to add to the FI thing....These Honda's seem to be pulling about every holeshot at the National's.
The new Yamaha's are interesting though...

desratt
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
I would like dual injectors direct injection and closed loop type.

mxmike717
07-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Nothing changed from the 2013.

Miguel1994
07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
The fact that the new 2014 sport ATV's are exactly the same as last year just makes me belive they are working on something.

DnB_racing
07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
The fact that the new 2014 sport ATV's are exactly the same as last year just makes me belive they are working on something.

ya they are working on our patince

SHIFTx450
08-12-2013, 04:34 PM
doo bee doo bee doo

Been occupied on the ******** site for ahwile.. Still waiting for the new trx to jump back into good ol exriders!

kbass24emtp
09-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Looks like we have to wait another year for them to do any changes.

2001400exrida
09-05-2013, 12:08 PM
sport models usually stay the same for several years, then they come out with new plastics and call it a new model, lol. at least that's what the trx450 has done for the past 3 models.

Blown 331
09-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Maybe they will figure out how to buid a decent crankshaft.

DnB_racing
09-14-2013, 06:56 PM

I thought they did? are the new ones starting to fail? I know the first generation 450R had some issues with the bearings (not really the crank) but I thought they had everything sorted out, I always thought the Honda OEM cranks are about the best out there,

2001400exrida
09-15-2013, 08:12 AM

huh? there's never been a problem with the crank shafts. It was the crank bearing on the 04/05's that had issues. That being said, I'm running a stock 05 with 2 race seasons on it and 3 years of woods riding.

updated crank came later in 05 and all the new models do not have crank bearing problems.....