PDA

View Full Version : Plastics

JuicyJ
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Can you put the new 400 plastics on a 2005???

CJM
06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Yes, possibly need to make or buy some brackets but they will fit.

OZ-T
06-13-2013, 10:56 PM
If they are for the right year? Of course, if you want the old style plastics like my 02 you will have to buy the headlight setup and brackets for it and then the front clip will go on a 05-07 model.

forestbrian88
06-14-2013, 03:37 AM
oz-t what about the Revers fort the newer models? how do you install it with the 99-04 fenders?
i know it can me done but would like to know how some did it :p

OZ-T
06-14-2013, 10:56 AM
oz-t what about the Revers fort the newer models? how do you install it with the 99-04 fenders?
i know it can me done but would like to know how some did it :p

Reverse you mean? It would take some time, but best way I see doing it is getting a motor out of a newer machine and sticking it in there and then running the switch and wires to the battery and mounting the switch itself on the bars or something. It could be done, and is something I am actually going to look into sometime in the future. The engines are still the same and should bolt right in, in theory.

There is another way, disassemble the two engines and take the bottom end out of the 05 and up and place that in the 04 and older engine but that would be a lot more work. I'd just rather take the engine out of a newer model and put 'er in there.

I am not entirely sure if would work the way I said above, that is just what I'd assume it would be like if I were to do it. Hope this helps!

JuicyJ
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
If they are for the right year? Of course, if you want the old style plastics like my 02 you will have to buy the headlight setup and brackets for it and then the front clip will go on a 05-07 model.

I have an 05 and aftermarket plastics right now

CJM
06-14-2013, 05:48 PM
To get reverse all you need is an 05 trans and the cable to run the mech for reverse. Otherwise topends totally the same.