PDA

View Full Version : Crooked tire....advice

Transmatic
06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
I flipped my quad a few wks ago. It wasn't that bad but bad enough to bend my bars and my front right wheel. I took the wheel off and looked everything over really well. Everything appears to be ok. Nothing appears to be bent or jammed or have moved around at all. I put the new wheel on and it spins straight but when the handlebars are straight the right wheel is slightly cocked outwards while the left wheel (the one that wasn't messed up in the wreck) remains straight when the bars are straight.

Can this possibly be fixed by adjusting the a arm? Or is there something I should look at closer? I'm good with a wrench but still new in the quad world (maintainence wise). Any suggestions?

CJM
06-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Possibly bent tierods?

JDiablo
06-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Your tie rods possibly got bent and/or either you need to adjust your camber/caster and what not

Transmatic
06-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys I will check it out closer. Since it is ever so slightly out of wack will it hurt anything if I ride it like this? I put used tires on it so I'm not worried about in even ware on the tires. But I just can't afford to sink a bunch of money in to it right now unless I can identify the exact problem.

qlphoton
06-09-2013, 08:52 PM
If you do have a bent tie rod ,I put some different a arms on mine and still have the stockers ill sale cheap.They are straight

Transmatic
06-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Let me give my quad a good look over tomorrow and I will let you know. Thanks man