PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm bolt. Grrr

matholland
06-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Alright I heave let it soak in pb blast, heated it up with a torch, used an air hammer and used a bfh and nothing. I can't get this sum ***** to move a millimeter. It will turn all day long. The bolt is sized to the collar. I have tried a diesel around the collar but I can't get anything in there to cut it out. I have tried a dremel a 3 inch air Grinder and nothing. Wtf!!

JOHNDOE83
06-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I used a sawzaw and a 4.5 in grinder cut off wheel.

remove the shock and linkage jack it all the way up and it becomes slightly easier to acess.

I actually had to cut my swinger to pieces to get it out:ermm:

matholland
06-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I went and bought a brand new blade, put it, and it wont even attempt to cut it.. Idk if it is because I can't get the right leverage on it or what...I would rather not cut my swinger up lol

punk rock kiel
06-08-2013, 06:43 PM
were you trying to cut the sleeve or bolt? the sleeve is hardened and youll never cut it. put some kinda bottle jack in the frame and open it up a little so you can access the bolt

matholland
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
were you trying to cut the sleeve or bolt? the sleeve is hardened and youll never cut it. put some kinda bottle jack in the frame and open it up a little so you can access the bolt

Yeah. Where does it need to be cut at exactly? Correct m. If iI am wrong but if you separate it and cut it between the frame and Swing arm how would you get the motor out after that. It would still need to be cut between the motor and swinger right.

Zakradu398
06-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I had to use a saw to cut the bolt on each side of the motor bushing. Then proceed to remove the motor and had my friend drill the bolt out of the case.... Wasn't fun.

matholland
06-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I ended up getting it out today...Cut it on the inside of the frame between the swinger and frame on both sides and pushed the swingarm up. After that I drove it out with a BFH...its out none the less. Thanks guys.

Blodg
06-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Mine had never been out of my '06 until my build this winter and I feel fortunate after reading some of these horror stories. It didn't easily come right out but after I soaked it with PB blaster for a few days with the quad sitting on its side it came out after maybe 15 min of hammering. Of course now I will remove it every winter and grease it up. The bolt on my hybrid slides right out every time but the Laeger swingarm also has a grease zerk...

rooster300ex
06-11-2013, 09:04 AM
It's weird some people have a really hard time getting swinger bolts out, and some don't. Mine hadn't been touched in 15 yrs and it came right out. hmmm