PDA

View Full Version : What's happenin folks

insaneracin2003
06-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Wow it has been a loooong time since I have come aboard these forums....Things have changed quite a bit round here! I hipe all is wel with everyone.

HondaRacing83
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
This new format has me all screwed up.. hahaha

Scro
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Long time no see. Good to see you drop in.

blacknblue#2
06-05-2013, 05:25 AM
Seems like there has been a few old timers dropping in to say hello here in the last few months. Could it be a sign that the sport could be picking back up a hair. Maybe due to the economy picking up a little.

MX MaNiAc 06
06-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Good to see you back. Have you been riding at all? Last I remember you were pretty discouraged about the whole scene when your quad got jacked.

mxmike717
06-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Wow it has been a loooong time since I have come aboard these forums....Things have changed quite a bit round here! I hipe all is wel with everyone.

Whats up big dog!

I am finaly back on the track again. Alot slower than before of coarse. Little Mike is flying on his 150. I can hang with him for about a lap then he starts to pull away lol.

honda400ex2003
06-20-2013, 11:02 PM
whats going down guys?! its been a while for me as well, lots of stuff going on and trying to spend time with the new gf instead of sitting on the computer at night.

steve

CJM
06-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Work, working on my pick up (timing belt and assorted items), 450 rebuild almost done-waiting for the head, bout it.

insaneracin2003
08-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Mx Maniac 06, yeah it has been a while and you are right, still dissappointed about my quad...I will be making a comeback here soon, We to watch the Lorettas atv national and to root on my boys son. mxmike717. He did a great job at his first national of the year. I hope to get my son racing so I can start on my own also...vet 30+ is what I need to run....after all this time, I finally got to meet pappy at Lorettas....

2001400exrida
08-12-2013, 02:00 PM
welcome back, seems the old timers are flooding back in maybe we can turn this into an active site like it once was. I think we need some more specific sub categories per model. For example sub categories in the 400ex and the trx450r forum would be very nice.

Scro
08-12-2013, 03:52 PM
welcome back, seems the old timers are flooding back in maybe we can turn this into an active site like it once was. I think we need some more specific sub categories per model. For example sub categories in the 400ex and the trx450r forum would be very nice.

That's the last thing it needs. There's already forums where nobody has posted for years.

insaneracin2003
08-12-2013, 06:46 PM
i agree Scro
How ya been bro??

Scro
08-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Same ole chit, just a different day. Got out of the game for 2-3 years, then bought a skirtbike to save my sanity, and checking account. LOL

2001400exrida
08-12-2013, 08:35 PM
You think it would steer people away by adding subforums? Im confused. What you should do is get rid of the annoying john deere ad. I hope they are giving millions for the site to post it because its a Pia.

beastlywarrior
08-12-2013, 08:54 PM
You think it would steer people away by adding subforums? Im confused. What you should do is get rid of the annoying john deere ad. I hope they are giving millions for the site to post it because its a Pia.

The John Deere is a great utv

blacknblue#2
08-13-2013, 05:47 AM
The John Deere is a great utv

Nothing john deere is great, if it aint red leave it in the shed hahaha. All honestly I think the sub categories would be a waste of dead space but the John Deere ad is very annoying. Every time i run my mouse up the homepage it explodes with a huge add of the big ugly green tank lol. I actually have to work to bypass that ad....but then again, if it pays the bills

2001400exrida
08-13-2013, 07:19 AM
^^^^exactly. I have to make sure when i go to click the forums tab that i dont' run over that ad or else my page blows up with video and audio. I don't care if it's an awesome utv or not, it could be an ad for for charmin toilet paper, it's still annoying......like you said blacknblue, if it pays the bills then so be it, but golly it's annoying.

i was only thinking subcategories because sometimes it's hard to use the search function and if you're looking for motor specific questions or suspension specific questions it would be nice to be able to go to that section. NOt sure what scro was meaning by there's other sites that haven't had posts for years, but there's also other sites with subcategories that people post hundreds of times per day and much more tech talk involved which i know we all would love some more tech talk.

HondaRacing83
08-13-2013, 07:50 AM
you used to be able to search just the forum you were in idk if you can do that anymore

Scro
08-13-2013, 07:58 AM
I was referring to the different sections of this site. You've got to have a large member base, if you are going to have a forum split into sub-categories. If you keep splitting the forums without the member base, eventually you'll end up with subcategories that have 1 or 2 people making a post every-other year (which is what we have now). What good does that do? Somebody new coming in sees a subcategory with no activity in the past 3 months. You think they are going to ask a question there in hopes of a response? Hell no. They'll go to another site with less categories, with more activity in those categories to get a response. If you keep having to drill down through subcategories, it gives the illusion that the forum is dead. This site isn't dead, it just doesn't have near the member base to support the number of forums that we have anymore. Reduce the number of categories, and the number of members that visit here daily will pick back up.

Just my honest opinion.

mxmike717
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Mx Maniac 06, yeah it has been a while and you are right, still dissappointed about my quad...I will be making a comeback here soon, We to watch the Lorettas atv national and to root on my boys son. mxmike717. He did a great job at his first national of the year. I hope to get my son racing so I can start on my own also...vet 30+ is what I need to run....after all this time, I finally got to meet pappy at Lorettas....

We had a good time hanging out with yall at Loretta's. We are going to make some runs out your way to do some riding soon. Defantly get your son a bike!