PDA

View Full Version : DRR with JB swing arm problems with rear Caliper

jimmyzatv
06-04-2013, 09:27 AM
DRR with JB swing arm rear Caliper rides to high and i can't keep a good pressure in th system. I have changed everthing three times. I have a ATV shop and I am very good with brake systems. I want to put another caliper on it like a TRX450R , YFZ450 or even a 400EX. Spoke with JB and they know they have a problem but no help at all. Thy said to buy the new swing arm with the 450R carrier. Like I said not much help. Don't mean to diss JB but the truth is the truth. My boy is one of the fastest kids in the CRA and the OMA but he does not trust the rear brakes getting into a trun. I'm not bragging at all, his riding most of the time speaks for it self. I'm putting my son on the track with little to no rear brakes and I don't know what else to do. I have spent over 10 hrs on this problem. PLEASE HELP! I do not have the money to buy a new swinger and shock.

fomospede
06-04-2013, 09:56 AM
post pics
i didnt know OMA had youth quads?

#404's Dad
06-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Is it not using the top portion of the pads? If that's the case as it was with ours just grind the top portion off the pads and be done with it.

jimmyzatv
06-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Ya OMA has youth quads, my son won Melvern Sunday with 5 out of the top 6 in points at the gate and the one girl that didn't show up is 5th in points. We don't run for points because Jimmy is at his Moms every other weekend and she will not come to the races
The pads are new so they are not touching, that is not my problem but that would makes alot of sence to grind the tops off if it was. If i stay with the DRR caliper I will do that. Jimmy and I watched Trevor's vid yesterday. WOW!!!!!!!! that kid can ride!!!!!!!! We checked out your face book page but it looks like you don't keep up wih it sence you have the web site. I wish you would so we could follow Trevor's progress but I'm sure you all ready have your hands full.

#404's Dad
06-04-2013, 11:14 AM
WE ran the JB stuff until I made my own Stem, Arms and Swinger and used stock DRR Brakes until that point as well then moving to Honda stuff, we had no issues with the DRR brakes other than the issue I mentioned above. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Thanks I tell Trevor, Fierce Powersports has 2 pages on FB neither are super active but one is more than the other for sure. Here are the links to them.

https://www.facebook.com/dyno.tuning.1?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fierce-Powersports/117540374956332?fref=ts

Also here is a link to a couple pages that stay current if you want to keep up with him.

http://trevorthatcher.com/

http://fiercepowersports.com/

hickey brothers
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Had same problem with JB swing arm call JB got a hold of Mike and was told he knew nothing of the problem he said that there was that there was nothing he knew was wrong and that they could not correct and that they could not correct it so I welded up holes and drilled new holes lowering the caliper nothing like paying top dollar for costume fab parts just to turn around and have to re fab them again

8secnotch
06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
The Honda 450R rear brake caliper is the way to go. I had the same problem untill I fabbed up a 450R rear caliper to fit my JB swing arm.

YankieGirl
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
DRR with JB swing arm rear Caliper rides to high and i can't keep a good pressure in th system. I have changed everthing three times. I have a ATV shop and I am very good with brake systems. I want to put another caliper on it like a TRX450R , YFZ450 or even a 400EX. Spoke with JB and they know they have a problem but no help at all. Thy said to buy the new swing arm with the 450R carrier. Like I said not much help. Don't mean to diss JB but the truth is the truth. My boy is one of the fastest kids in the CRA and the OMA but he does not trust the rear brakes getting into a trun. I'm not bragging at all, his riding most of the time speaks for it self. I'm putting my son on the track with little to no rear brakes and I don't know what else to do. I have spent over 10 hrs on this problem. PLEASE HELP! I do not have the money to buy a new swinger and shock.

you should come to hole shot raceway. always like fast mini's to show up. july 5,6 ,7. sr mini

fomospede
06-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Rides to hi meaning only half the pad contacts or line goes dry ?
If is pad contact shoot me a pic
Master fabricator
I bought 2k worth of jb front end and shock
And ended up with 5" of bump steer
I reworked Jodys junk and its great now
IMO JBRACING should be banned there parts are dangerous

nastynotchback1
06-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Rides to hi meaning only half the pad contacts or line goes dry ?
If is pad contact shoot me a pic
Master fabricator
I bought 2k worth of jb front end and shock
And ended up with 5" of bump steer
I reworked Jodys junk and its great now
IMO JBRACING should be banned there parts are dangerous

Now tell us what you really think LOL J/K

fomospede
06-25-2013, 08:41 AM
We dont hold back !
Thats y we are XC demons !