PDA

View Full Version : DRR JB racing GEN II A-Arms

mkharris033
06-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I recently bought a DRR with JB racing set-up (a-arms, swingarm, and stem.) The issue I have is once weight is put on the front end the tires toe out. I not sure what would cause this problem so I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

fomospede
06-04-2013, 09:52 AM
i have the xc arms and this issue was the same
if you are looking at spindle adjust the top forward or bottom back this will help
most of the action is at the top 25%of travel which should be all sag anyhow
they are not perfect but you are almost doubling the travel !?

mkharris033
06-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks fomospede for the info. I wonder if it makes a difference because we are running mx and not xc. I have tried calling JB with no success.

fomospede
06-04-2013, 12:13 PM
i dont think so moving the spindle will make the suspension stroke stay in line with the steering shaft
pull the shock off and tire ,move the spindle thru its travel and watch it
adjust the arms to rotate spindle forth and aft
i had a few issues to but realized that with any after market stuff just gotta fiddle with to perfection
my son said it nosed over and pushed
so i did the spindle trick and moved him down a bit in the travel
if pushing is another attribute you dont like there are other ways to help that from the rear shock

#404's Dad
06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
I recently bought a DRR with JB racing set-up (a-arms, swingarm, and stem.) The issue I have is once weight is put on the front end the tires toe out. I not sure what would cause this problem so I thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Your suspension needs to be setup with the rider on the quad or equivalent weight anyways, The JB arms do have a fair amount of bump steer even setup correctly though.

mkharris033
06-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the help. Will mess around and see what happens.

mkharris033
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Can someone tell me if the have the JB Gen II MX set-up (a-arms, swingarm and stem) and if they like it? I have ATV Four Play on my son's bike and it works great.