PDA

View Full Version : Went flat trackin this weekend

dirtmomma
03-17-2003, 03:04 AM
TEXTTEXTWell we made it to the races this weekend & the blasty ran AWESOME!!!!!!! In fact IT ROCKED!!! We were flat trackin, my heat race it was just me & a BANSHEE which was not stock at all!!!! But I had kinda a crappy start but I was right on her rear bumper the whole race, you should of heard it down the straight aways man it just screams(the banshee) sounds like a friggin powerboat!!!! I started spinning out in my main but was saving it when I got smacked & almost went off the bike but held on for dear life, the gal that hit me went flying off of hers OUCH!!! but I got it back on track & finished 4th I think. My son did AWESOME on it this time....he took 1st in his heat(blaster class) & 2nd in the main he was rockin!!! We both really like the twist throttle, we can get much better throttle control on the corners but it's only a 1/2 turn so I'm going to get a 1/4 turn this week. Now for the baby boy, it was his 1st flat track & his last out there, all they had in his class was highly modified minis & there was only 1 other 4 yr old out there but he was on a modded quad too, he went out for practice & was cruising when he hit the turn & high sided it & went flying off!!!!!!! Scared the crap out of his Dad & I, we went running out there & they were helping him get up, he had BIG tears & was very happy to see Dad!! He was ok though he did get a cut below his eye from his goggles so now he has a llittle shiner he's pretty proud of LOL he's a tuff little chit!!!! He still got his participant trophy so he was happy. He did go back out but was way slower then we missed his main but he was pretty wore out anyway so it was no biggie. His Dad was having a fit & saying he wasn't going back out there blah blah blah but I asked him if he wanted to go back out & he's like.....YEAH!!!! LOL I loved it hahaha. We are going to lower & widen his Lem now. Well just wanted to let everyone know how we did & we all had a good time, BTW that .030 off the head made a good difference we could tell!!

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 06:34 PM
That is AWESOME girl!!!! Im so glad to hear of other women tearin up the flattrack..So, you have a womens class there huh? I wish we did here, Im going to try and find a few if it kills me in the area to form a class in the fall, im so glad your wee one was ok..Kids can scare the dickens out of ya!:eek: keep up thegood racin and get some pics next time , I would love to see them!!:blah

AtvMxRider
03-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Good job dirtmomma I'm glad you guy's had a good time.

dirtmomma
03-18-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks~!!!! Yep we have a womens class & now they have a NEW WOMENS PRO CLASS!!!!!!!! NO I didn't ride in that one, there were only 3 women but I still would of probably took last cuz it's all 250R's even though one of them out there I have beat before, maybe some day though. Yes it sucks when the little ones wipe out I though my husband was going to have a break down!!!! :) I hope you find a few women to form a class quadjunkies heck if we were closer I'd try to come out but I don't think the hubby would go for that LOL :blah yeah I'll have to try to get some pics the photographer wasn't there so I couldn't get the ones from the last races, I have a video but I have NO clue on how to do that plus I'm sure I probably need some fancy stuff to do it.