PDA

View Full Version : DRR 90 shuts off after running for a little bit

phaded23
06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
I have a 2007 Drr 90 it has several mods on it...When my son rides it, he will ride for about 10mins then it will shut off like it lost all power, we wait about a min and it fires right back up, runs for a few mins then dies out like its losing fuel...I checked all fuel lines, they are getting plenty of fuel through them..Check carb bowl and its full of gas....Any help would be great on this as we have our first race coming up in less than a month and we are trying to get all bugs worked out before race day..Thanks

fomospede
06-02-2013, 10:32 PM
probly need to check the ignition

phaded23
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
probly need to check the ignition

What part of the ignition should i start looking at? Im looking at buying a stage 6 ignition kit for it but was also wondering what that consist of doing? This is my first rodeo with these quads and im learning as i go lol....Thanks

Bens Dad
06-03-2013, 01:01 PM
What part of the ignition should i start looking at? Im looking at buying a stage 6 ignition kit for it but was also wondering what that consist of doing? This is my first rodeo with these quads and im learning as i go lol....Thanks

Nasty is right a stock 50 will not run well at all with a overrange!!!! For the 90 not running long. Check your compression! also you may need to check your float in the carb and see if it is staying closed. But it sounds more like compression to me.

phaded23
06-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Nasty is right a stock 50 will not run well at all with a overrange!!!! For the 90 not running long. Check your compression! also you may need to check your float in the carb and see if it is staying closed. But it sounds more like compression to me.

Compression is good, all new cylinder, ring, piston, wrist pin, wrist pin bearing and all are new with about 2hours ride time on them...It runs like a champ for a lil bit then turn a curve and it dies, cranks right back up make about a lap and dies again

fomospede
06-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Compression is good, all new cylinder, ring, piston, wrist pin, wrist pin bearing and all are new with about 2hours ride time on them...It runs like a champ for a lil bit then turn a curve and it dies, cranks right back up make about a lap and dies again

Probly the stator
Could be coil i havent seen a bad coil in a while
The stage6 should have all you need for a complete ignition
Make sure it has a waterpump drive setup not the oem rubbers !

Superdad
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM
I had the same problem with my boys DRR 90, 2009. For me it was the key switch! I called my dealer and he checked with the factory. They told him they were hearing problems with a spring in the key switch getting weak, And voltage couldn't flow through the contact. I bypassed the key switch and the problem was solved. DRR and G force have instructions on their website on how to do this. I also once had the rubber gasket inside the gas cap block the vent tube hole. It hydro-locked and would not let the fuel flow into the carb. I pulled that rubber disc out from the inside of the gas cap and problem was solved. Hope this helps you!