PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Update** Got my jets

forestbrian88
05-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Ordered my jets this week and they came in today
Pilot jet : 40 & 42
Main Jet : 150, 155 & 160

I installed the 42 and 160 and im at 1.5Turn out (my choke is not there anymore)
i have a little bog on the trottle when i just feather it... but it Rips at WOT :)

any recomendation? (i droped the Wideband o2 idea for the moment... investing on the engine instead)
im gettin my hot cam tomorrow ill drop that baby in and go test ride it again
if i can get my sproket issue resolved :p

Zhutch7
05-31-2013, 10:54 PM
I actually ordered the 160 main, and 42 pilot here while back. I haven't got nearly the engine mods you do, so hopefully it works a little better for me than it did you. I haven't had time to test them out yet because I am in the process of getting all of my parts together for my build. Let us know how the jetting turns out! Good luck. -Zack-

DragonGunner
06-01-2013, 05:22 AM
Play around with that air mixture screw....about a quarter of a turn at a time and test ride....I would think it should be turned out about 2 turns...you are probably pretty close.....if it gets worse turning out go the other way.

forestbrian88
06-01-2013, 09:21 AM
at 1 turn in i get that pop when i release the trotthle (LEAN)
and at 2 turn out it idles but as soon as i feather the trottle i cant keep a steady low RPM so (RICH)
1.5turn seems to be what i tested best for my idle... now the fun part...
WOT: .... lol
i when for a little WOT testing and the 160Main wasnt big enough to make it bog... so i felt a little more aggresiveness out of the bike as it tore my Front sproket out ot the shaft lol but powerwise wot the bike was feeling happier then with its 142 Dynojet in it :p
ill get my Sproket fixed and update you when i install my Hotcam Stage 2
hopefully it wont have too much power to rip off the swingarm... (Jk) :p

Zakradu398
06-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I have an 11:1 86mm (406) with stage 2 HC, no lid, and uni and I run a 170 main and 42 pilot.

cheater13
06-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I have all the mods in my signature and I run 50 pilot and 200 main jet. I think when I tear my cylinder off and ship it to gtthunder, I'm changing my main to 205.

forestbrian88
06-01-2013, 11:39 AM
what elevation are you riding in? i ride mostly around sea level (-50m to +100m)

cheater13
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM
what elevation are you riding in? i ride mostly around sea level (-50m to +100m)
I'm in Southern PA which is around 550-750 feet I'm pretty sure.

forestbrian88
06-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm in Southern PA which is around 550-750 feet I'm pretty sure.

around same elevation just a 100ft diference i would guess

JOHNDOE83
06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Ordered my jets this week and they came in today
Pilot jet : 40 & 42
Main Jet : 150, 155 & 160

I installed the 42 and 160 and im at 1.5Turn out (my choke is not there anymore)
i have a little bog on the trottle when i just feather it... but it Rips at WOT :)

any recomendation? (i droped the Wideband o2 idea for the moment... investing on the engine instead)
im gettin my hot cam tomorrow ill drop that baby in and go test ride it again
if i can get my sproket issue resolved :p

Your bog is from still being to lean.

If the 160 made it rip you still probally need 180 or possibly higher, you have to buy large size jets and start with the largest and work your way down.

Starting small and going up is not how to jet properly.

Your lean bog is from the pilot jet or the needle jet, The pilot should be fine since you have the 42. try turning your af screw to 2.5 or 3 turns out, then move the clip on your needle down 1 notch.

This should eliminate the bog.

forestbrian88
06-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Your bog is from still being to lean.

If the 160 made it rip you still probally need 180 or possibly higher, you have to buy large size jets and start with the largest and work your way down.

Starting small and going up is not how to jet properly.

Your lean bog is from the pilot jet or the needle jet, The pilot should be fine since you have the 42. try turning your af screw to 2.5 or 3 turns out, then move the clip on your needle down 1 notch.

This should eliminate the bog.

at 1 turn in i get that pop when i release the trotthle (LEAN)
and at 2 turn out it idles but as soon as i feather the trottle i cant keep a steady low RPM so (RICH)
1.5turn seems to be what i tested best for my idle... now the fun part...
WOT: .... lol
i when for a little WOT testing and the 160Main wasnt big enough to make it bog... so i felt a little more aggresiveness out of the bike as it tore my Front sproket out ot the shaft lol but powerwise wot the bike was feeling happier then with its 142 Dynojet in it :p
ill get my Sproket fixed and update you when i install my Hotcam Stage 2
hopefully it wont have too much power to rip off the swingarm... (Jk) :p
Incase you didnt read that part

forestbrian88
06-15-2013, 05:31 AM
hey john i installed my new jets in and ill be going for a test ride before my jets were installed i topspeeded at 100km/h @ 7476RPM (upon my calculation)

i fixed the bogging issue by putting the needle back in the 3rd clip position

ill be buying more jets to see where i can bring it

and ill post my top speed results next time i go for a ride to see if I can hit Rev Limiter