PDA

View Full Version : looking for help with a polaris trailblazer

erict400
05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey guys looking for help i stumped and stuck. I know this isnt a polaris forum but i find a lot of good info and ideas here. I am working on a trailblazer 250. Put a new starter and battery and cleaned the carb b/c it sat for about a yr. started and ran great started with the starter or one pull. then the fuel valve started leaking replaced that. now it wont start it sat for about two weeks. ck fuel flow to carb fine, took carb apart again to ck jets flots all ok. S/w out plug still no start. Ck compresson 100 psi ( from what i have found i should have 100 psi or more) there is good spark ground plug and looks good. Dont know why it will not run. The thing i find wired is i cant even get it to pop, sputter or any thing tryed starter fuild and nothing. Any ides whould help thanks

tayyo789
05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm assuming you did this, but just for process of elimination, you're using fresh fuel correct?

erict400
05-30-2013, 08:41 PM
yep fuel is new and oil in jug and looks to be getting pumped.

tayyo789
05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
There's only 3 requirements for an engine to fire. Fuel/air, compression, and spark. Obviously to run, there's more involved, but these are the 3 basic elements that are key. Sounds like you have all 3, but can't even get a sputter. I would check the ignition/CDI? If it's getting fuel, and compressing it, all it needs to do is spark at the right time to at least give you something. How was it idling when you last started it? I've had a sticky choke mess with me before, that could be worth double checking as well

erict400
05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I am thinking its a spark problem to. i can see the spark when grounding it to the exhust its a nice blue. ill mess with it tomorrow and look into the choke thanks

tayyo789
05-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Maybe try and push start it. If it doesn't fire then, it's most likely electrical

on the rocks
05-31-2013, 08:00 AM
sorry but no push starting an automatic trailblazer. being 2 stroke there very simple machines. if the only think you changed was the petcock on the bottom of the tank and now it doesn't run i would put the leaky one back on it and see if it does run. if that changes nothing then that's not it. check any wiring around the area you worked at. make sure the motor is free to get air. then you have spark and air and compression, only thing that's left is fuel. i would go back to that make sure i could see light through both jets blow them out with compressed air.