PDA

View Full Version : Longer shifter peg?

Transmatic
05-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Hey guys, I did a search but have been unable to find an answer to my question. At 6'6" and being a toe out kind of guy I have trouble with my foot catching just the very outside tip of the shifter peg which often causes me to miss shifting. I know they sell longer shifter arms, which may be a wise investment for me, however does anyone sell just a longer peg which attaches to the stock arm? I mainly ride trails so I don't run nerf bars or anything else that might get in the way of my long feet. If anyone can point me in the right direction or suggest a product it would be much appreciated. I'm lookin for the most affordable means of achieving this end result but if I need to buy a new arm as well I can do that. It's frustrating and hard on my motor to miss the shift and then be in too low of a gear.

JOHNDOE83
05-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Look up atv and motorcycle salvage places in your area, some junk yards have motorcycles to.

Take your shifter off, go to these places and try to match up your shifters spline pattern with a longer one.

Worst case scenario you get some flat steel and weld a new one thats slightly longer?

I actually brought a kick start to a weld shop to have it extended, they only charged me $40 and it was A huge fancy type welding shop. Not like your backwoods garage welder or a ghetto weld shop in a warehouse...lol. Bringing it somewhere for customizing might be your best option.