PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness?

zach R 7x
05-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Can anybody tell me were to find a modified wiring harness for a 2007 yfz 450? Thinking about installing a kick starter and want to eliminate the wiring mess. I was told about a Ferocity, but can't find anything on him.

Is this really worth doing? I have some issues with battery going dead, charging system is working, battery is a few years old and isn't a high dollar one either. I was told by a guy at the track to buy a lithium battery but not sure which way to go....

Any input would be appreciated...

maxamillion
05-29-2013, 06:11 AM
Ferocity is a member at yfztech he is great to deal with and does excellent work. IMO the race harness is worth it, gives a clean look and makes it faster tracking down electrical issues if u happen to run into one.

gtilley45
02-14-2014, 04:36 PM
Putting a kick start on and removing the starter, battery, and all the un-needed wires was the best thing I ever did to my YFZ. There used to be a wiring diagram floating around on yfztech.com that I used.

zach R 7x
03-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I purchased a wiring a custom wiring harness from Ferocity along with a resistor and it cleared up all my electrical problems. I had about $180 in it along with a purchase of a lithium battery (weight).

I have another motor that I am getting built for nationals that I will more than likely have a kick starter installed on , but I will want to see the weight difference between the battery and kick starter kit, if not significant, I probably won't do it.

Dutry R
03-04-2014, 10:55 AM
does this wiring harness excist for the YFZ 450r ?
because the stock wiring is such a big mess..

Kovatch
03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
does this wiring harness excist for the YFZ 450r ?
because the stock wiring is such a big mess..

Baldwin has done a few race harnesses for the YFZR. Call the shop.