PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying these a-arms plz

jaspurx
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I bought these a-arms from a guy and he couldn`t even remember which yamahe quad they fit,the do not fit my son`s blaster ,they`re too wide to fit in the mounting points,I`ll geet a measurement this evening.1718103199

Kawie450r
05-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Banshee is the only quad that had j arms so i would say they are for a banshee.

jaspurx
05-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Banshee is the only quad that had j arms so i would say they are for a banshee.

Thats true, but these are aftermarket flat track racing a-arms,not stock at all. I should have mentioned that.
measurements are :
8 5/8" top a-arm mounting tube length x 15" from frame mount to the ball joint, lower a-arm is 10 1/8 between outer frame mounting tabs and 16.5 from frame mounts to ball joint.

I found out the guy that I bought them from had a yfz450 so thats most likely what they fit,but you may also be right about the banshee,I`m thinking he had 1 of those too once upon a time.

Any help is appreciated guys.

I had bought these being told hey`d fit my son`s blaster but no dice, so now I`m trying to find out what they fit so I can resell and recoup my cash

tayyo789
05-24-2013, 07:15 AM
One bolt for the top arm means Banshee or YFZ. And I've never heard of putting J arms on a YFZ before. Do you know if the swingarm came from the same bike?

npolley
05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
there not YFZ arms thats for sure.

jaspurx
05-24-2013, 04:31 PM
He said the swingarm came off same quad,he put it back to stock to sell it. The J upper arms were to save weight for flat track racing. I`m pretty sure they`re off a YFZ ,I double checked and thats what he raced for his last year of racing with us

tayyo789
05-26-2013, 01:59 PM
To my eyes, that swingarm is YFZ, and it's sounding like that's the probable answer. Flat trackers are all about weight, so J arms would make some sense

jaspurx
05-30-2013, 10:55 AM
To my eyes, that swingarm is YFZ, and it's sounding like that's the probable answer. Flat trackers are all about weight, so J arms would make some sense
Yes,some guys take it really seriously like that,I`m not quite so bent on saving weight,first I need it all set up decent before I get too picky about weight;which has worked out pretty well for me so far.
Now its time to list this set for sale so I can get our quads back to first priority