PDA

View Full Version : kasea 90 help

thepowester
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
So I tore it all down and repainted it and I'm putting it all back together now. But it won't idle and it does is run away unless I choke it off by hand. It's got the original carb with the electric choke but it's not hooked up anymore, the writing harness has been stripped way down to nothing. I've gone through the carb a fewtimes and same result every time.any suggestions?

LT80
05-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Sounds like the carb slide is in backwards.

thepowester
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it only fits one way, there's a groove on the slide and a pin in the body.

LT80
05-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Your correct.
I've seen ppl put it in wrong and it sounded similiar.
Did you have the slide needle out? Forget that thing that holds the needle down maybe?
Hopefully others will chime in. :)
Prolly not connected but seeing that you painted, make sure the motor is getting a good ground to the frame.

Update* A guy just called and wonderd why he fired it up and it zoomed into his truck. Slide was in backwards.
Just as I was mentioning that. LOL

thepowester
05-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow that would suck, good thing I haven't put the chain back on yet! I know the wiring is grounded, I'll have to check the motor grounds

thepowester
05-29-2013, 12:41 PM
I put the chain back on and the motor quit running off on me, ride it around and at about 1/4 throttle it runs around fine but if I wanna gas it any it dies out unless I cover the carb intake with my hand. Any ideas?

nastynotchback1
05-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Too much air and not enough fuel.Could be a jet plugged or float level not set right.Could need to be jetted up.Put it on a stand and see if it still boggs.If it goes away then it will be clutching.

thepowester
05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
I cleaned the carb out real good jets too. Would an air filter help out? It didn't come with one and I haven't picked one up yet, but I'm sure that would help with the excess air flow.now as far as jets go, do all minuki carbs use the same jets? And what would I have to do to the clutch?

nastynotchback1
05-30-2013, 06:13 AM
Air filter will restrict air and that could be the problem.You have to jet it to the air filter so i would say right now you are getting way to much air for the jetting you are running.

thepowester
05-30-2013, 04:14 PM
What size air filter do I need for the stick carb? And what's recommended (k&n, uni, etc)? I was just gonna get a clamp on and call it good instead of trying to track down the stock air box set up.

nastynotchback1
05-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Just call up Max rpm and tell him you need a unifilter for your stock carb.

redonkulousruntsracing
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
If it had the stock airbox on it before and now you are running it without a filter it is way lean, hence choking the carb to get it to run. If it hasn't been jetted up for removing the airbox, you will need to go up 2 maybe 5 points on your main jet. The factory air boxes are very restrictive, so just going from that to a UNI clamp on filter will require it to be jetted up. Hope this helps.

thepowester
06-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Im pretty sure its been raced and prolly had a uni or similar filter on it, if not ill know tomorrow when I get a filter on it

thepowester
06-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Ok I got a filter on it and it still bogs when I gas it. Starts first kick idles fine (might be a bit high) all jets are clean float needle is clean, what is it? Too lean? To rich? Im lost and it needs to be done by sunday.

nastynotchback1
06-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Too lean.You need to jet up the main and the pilot

LT80
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd like to know what the compression is.

thepowester
06-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Most little two strokes I've kicked over have been really soft, this one has some pressure behind it. I'm gonna have to get a gauge and find out.

thepowester
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
is there supposed to be some kind of o-ring or rubber seal under the float needle? neither on of the two carbs I got with the bike have one. also what is the proper float height? and how do I measure it?

thepowester
06-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Lil help? Anyone? Anything?

mmsoup
06-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm with the too lean crowd.

You either have a crank seal leak or you are too low on the main

Does it take idle screw adjustments easily?

Does the idle float around or is it stable? If you rev it hard will it drop right back down or will it stay up?

The float needle has a nitrile tip and the only problem there is overflow if it dries out.

If it makes that BAWWWWWWW sound when he hits the gas it's lean.

So you need to determine where you are either

1. getting too much air (Leaking crank seals or big base leak or big intake leak or case leak or a combination of several of the above.
2. not getting enough fuel (Clogged passages or missing needle clip)

One final thing, have you replaced the torque spring? if it's shot the outcome can sound almost exactly like a lean bog.......

thepowester
06-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Someone had mentioned if it bogged on a stand it's a clutching issue, note I don't have a stand but I did lift up the rear and try to rev it and it's bogging there too, so what torque spring would I need?

nastynotchback1
06-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Someone had mentioned if it bogged on a stand it's a clutching issue, note I don't have a stand but I did lift up the rear and try to rev it and it's bogging there too, so what torque spring would I need?

If it is bogging with the wheels off the ground it is a carb issue not a clutch issue.Although you could have a issue with both you need to get the carb jetting straight before you try to get the clutch right.

thepowester
06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Which brings me to my next question, is the stock carb ok or is there a better option? Its going to stay stock for a while maybe just a pipe for now, so is there a better carb before i run off and buy a bunch of jets for this one?

nastynotchback1
06-18-2013, 09:44 AM
I would try to get a 24mm d-slide kehin for it.My .02 is the stock carbs are junk.You could go on up to a 28mm d-slide but you would sacrifice bottom end right now.The 28mm will be needed later for sure.

thepowester
06-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Which is the d-slide? I have a pwk on my lt, are they the same jets? Where can I find a good used one? I'm gonna stick with the 24 cause it's gonna be a while till he's ready for real power, also what reeds?

mmsoup
06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Keihin doesn't make 24mm PWK. You can buy a Sunworld or Stage 6 or OKO from G-Force or Hotquads, Hetrick etc. I vaguely recall on stock cylinder that we ran 115 - 120 main jets. Needle in the middle (Most of the time) 40 - 48 pilot with air screw 1 1/2 turns out. move up or down with Pilot based on idle and air screw adjustment requirements (More than two turns out to stabilize go down one size and vice versa)

Easy start on CVT would be 1500 torque spring and 4.5 gm rollers.

If you have not already changed the spring and rollers, go ahead, you probably need to anyway

Change one thing at a time

nastynotchback1
06-19-2013, 08:29 AM
I should have said a 24mm replica kehin but anyway i would go with the stage6 brand if your going to go 24mm.

thepowester
06-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Why a stage6 over the replica kehin?

nastynotchback1
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Stage 6 is a replica.There are several brands out there that make replicas but i like the Stage 6 the best.

thepowester
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Well what do you want for the one you have? If you wanna sell it that is

nastynotchback1
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
LOL I don't have one.I run 28mm carbs.

redonkulousruntsracing
06-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Be sure that when/if you buy a Stage6 or other PWK knock off, that you change the needle, you need a JJH needle and 9 out of 10 times, they will have a really thin needle in them for scooter/street use which is what this stuff is made for. You could tune it all day with the thin needle and never get rid of the bog.