PDA

View Full Version : je or wiseco

russellsroost31
05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
hey guys im rebuildin my top end here soon and my buddy said wiseco but i can get better deals with je pistons are je pistons any good or are they junk

CJM
05-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Wiseco imho is an ok piston, JE is better but CP is the best. Really just opinion, but CP cuts the valve reliefs a bit better imho.

2001400exrida
05-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Just put my first JE piston in over the winter and so far so good. I've had good luck with wiseco as well. CP is an overpriced JE in my opinion, so i'm guessing CP is also a fine piston.

chronicsmoke
05-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Wiseco imho is an ok piston, JE is better but CP is the best. Really just opinion, but CP cuts the valve reliefs a bit better imho.
as I understand you can run oversized valves on a CP without getting the valve reliefs cut :muscle:

CP is said to be the best quality, I've used JE also without fail

Kovatch
05-24-2013, 10:45 AM
CP has top notch products. Baldwin's piston isn't all that bad either.

russellsroost31
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
alright thanks guys

aguita
05-26-2013, 03:33 PM
CP has top notch products. Baldwin's piston isn't all that bad either.

ill take the baldwin wiseco over the cp race anytime, baldwin is better designed and proven .. i see that mark sponsors you, why dont you stand for his products? not bashing just curious? any issues with baldwin?

Kovatch
05-28-2013, 11:14 AM
ill take the baldwin wiseco over the cp race anytime, baldwin is better designed and proven .. i see that mark sponsors you, why dont you stand for his products? not bashing just curious? any issues with baldwin?

No worries:
I would/do stand behind Baldwin's products & services over any other shop regardless if his sticker is on my bike or not. I replied with the CP piston response first as he asked about CP, not Baldwin. I added that Baldwin's pistons is not a bad piston either: "isn't all that bad either." I could have re-worded my response to be more persuasive or imply to skip over the CP & go Baldwin, but I didn't because sometimes people reply "I wasn't asking about such-and-such brand." So, I didn't push the issue all to hard. More of a "put the bug in his ear" method.

RussellRoots: BUY BALDWIN! HE'S 45 MINUTES FROM YOU!!!! ;-)

I have never had one issue with Mark or his products/services. I do recommend him to all.

P.S. I don't take offense to your comments. We are all good.