PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 2013 drr 50 help

jemch99
05-20-2013, 07:22 AM
I just bought a 2013 drr 50 for my 6 year old daughter to start racing motocross.she will be running stock class this year.i am new to these quad and have no idea where to start.my questions are:
what are the first things i should i take off the quad? what aftermarket parts should i put on it? what is the best starting point on cvt set up? what extra parts should i always have on hand? WHat is the best gear oil to run? whats the best pre mix oil and ratio to run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nastynotchback1
05-20-2013, 09:13 AM
I would take off the chain guards to save alittle weight.Oil injection if it has it and premix with belray hr1 at 32:1 ratio.Then i would put a good pipe and air filter set-up and jet it to that set-up.you will also need to clutch it to the pipe.

jemch99
05-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info It will be a slow build but I am looking forward to doing it and getting her started.

phaded23
06-01-2013, 03:39 PM
I would first start with an over range clutch kit....that will help more than a pipe or anything else at first...then work your way to a pipe and carb setup....

LoveMy224s
06-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Be sure and check your series rule book.......changing a pipe, and some of those other things won't let you run in the stock class in most series. Most often you can only change things like upgrading the bars (like Flexx bars), shocks, slipper clutch, etc. Not a whole lot you can do with a motor in a stock class............:blah:

nastynotchback1
06-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Not to start a pissing match here but a stock 50 does not need a over range kit or a slipper clutch.Thats a waste of money until you have major engine work done.I don't know who told you that a over range is more help than a pipe but...............................

desratt
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Only need speed. When she is ready. Keep stock till then.

Bens Dad
06-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I just bought a 2013 drr 50 for my 6 year old daughter to start racing motocross.she will be running stock class this year.i am new to these quad and have no idea where to start.my questions are:
what are the first things i should i take off the quad? what aftermarket parts should i put on it? what is the best starting point on cvt set up? what extra parts should i always have on hand? WHat is the best gear oil to run? whats the best pre mix oil and ratio to run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would leave motor stock! Just make sure jetting is on the money ,and to have a very good clutch set up. I will give you one that will work great and the torque spring will last forever. Hole shot spring #782 belt 3.25 rollers, and a .20 shim in veriator. The biggest bang for your buck is a set of Moto-woz shocks, set up for your lb. rider. The shocks would be the first thing I would buy!!!!!!!!! Best oil my opinion Bell-Ray MR1 32:1 after rebuilding numerous motors this oil leaves very little too no carbin build up on piston and the cyl. looks like it is still new. Extra parts rollers 3.0- 3.25- 3.5 extra belt, spark plugs, and tourqe springs. Do not install a over range on a stock 50!!! Buy some blue mallosi shoe springs and install into stock clutch, to bring your stall rpm up to 7800 this will help it come up on pipe alot quicker. Also the clutch set up I give you will run better as the spring breaks in this is key to rear spring lasting a long time. Hope this helps!

jemch99
06-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info that really helped me on getting stuffed ordered.i had no idea where to start I've been racing my whole life but these machines are a whole new animal to me.