PDA

View Full Version : help needd asap leaving for atv trip.

GAZ-V-21
05-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Whats up guys, we need help my neighbor took his 400ex in to the shop and they cleaned carb and put a 155 main jet and 42 pilot in it, well today we went to see how it ran and when you hit the throttle it bogs out and dies. If you ease into the throttle its a little better but he cant hit throttle like before. He has a k&n filter and motowirks slip on. Hope its somethin simple because we are leaving to ride in tennesse in a couple days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bills400ex
05-19-2013, 02:23 PM
your fuel screw is out of adjustment

DragonGunner
05-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Whats up guys, we need help my neighbor took his 400ex in to the shop and they cleaned carb and put a 155 main jet and 42 pilot in it, well today we went to see how it ran and when you hit the throttle it bogs out and dies. If you ease into the throttle its a little better but he cant hit throttle like before. He has a k&n filter and motowirks slip on. Hope its somethin simple because we are leaving to ride in tennesse in a couple days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Main jet seems a little lean...I would like a 165....pull fuel line off carb an see you got good flow to carb. Check air mixture screw should be about 2 -3 turns out. Make sure no leaks around carb, make sure filter is clean. Could also be they put carb back together wrong or just didn't clean it good enough......was it doing this before they did work to it?

JACK STRAW
05-19-2013, 02:28 PM
your fuel screw is out of adjustment

put your pilot screw (D shaped head) to 2 1/2 turns out

CJM
05-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Could be any number of things, before you do anything remove the airbox lid and see how it runs.

From there Id check the carb, 155 is a bit lean Id say closer to 160 if anything. Check the fuel screw to about 2.5-2 3/4 turns from fully in and just go over the carb and make sure its getting fuel.

GAZ-V-21
05-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys i turned the fuel screw out a half turn from where they had it and its good now. Had me worried though didnt want him climbing a steep mouintain and it cut out on him that might not of ended well.