PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas guys

HondaRacing83
05-15-2013, 02:45 PM
So i have the old pro.15 t maxx, many of you know the one way bearing between the starter and motor will get gunked up and just spin freely instead of turning the motor over. So i tore the motor out and got the bearing out soaked it in gas and break cleaner and cleaned it with a paper towel threw it back in hooked up and the motor turned over perfectly! i was happy about that so i put the motor in was ecstatic to have no extra parts left over haha. It seems when i put it in i just threw it in there and didnt take time to line up the steel gear on the motor with the poly spur gear and it wasnt lined up properly. i didnt notice and started it to run it around and it ran like hell for about a minute before it stopped and held wide open and i had to go stall it out. since they werent lined up properly the steel gear shreddd the poly gear smooth down to nothing except for an outside lip where it wasnt even making contact (again not lined up) so my question is will a 72 tooth spur gear off a 2.5 fit on my pro 15? you can get em off ebay for $5. they look identical and i dont see how they could be different but better safe then sorry

chucked
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I used to work at a Hobby Shop, I don't remember the exact part numbers, but a first generation 2.5 spur gear should interchange. The only problem you might have is the amount of teeth. How many teeth are on the one for your .15?

HondaRacing83
05-15-2013, 05:31 PM
72, there both 72's but my luck id get it and one little thing would be different and wouldnt work

chucked
05-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Just go to ww.traxxas.com, pull up the parts diagram, and check the part number. You will need those little red cylinder pieces too.

HondaRacing83
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah i know i have a brand new package of friction pegs for the slip clutch thats technically what it is haga thanks ill check it out