PDA

View Full Version : radiator fin straightening?

Lquad71
05-15-2013, 08:32 AM
So I've been straightening my rad fins for over 2 hours with little tweezers to make sure they are straight and I haven't gotten very far. Its a fluidyne and i cant just run a comb through it. Anybody have any clever way to speed up this process instead of picking each and every fin to be straight?

Hornbreaker
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
So I've been straightening my rad fins for over 2 hours with little tweezers to make sure they are straight and I haven't gotten very far. Its a fluidyne and i cant just run a comb through it. Anybody have any clever way to speed up this process instead of picking each and every fin to be straight?

Take yourself to a A/C supply house and ask for a condencer fin roller.There only a few bucks besides it's just another tool A friend of mine has one for his job and at lest once a month he has to straighten out my rad. Hope this helps.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Take yourself to a A/C supply house and ask for a condencer fin roller.There only a few bucks besides it's just another tool A friend of mine has one for his job and at lest once a month he has to straighten out my rad. Hope this helps.

How does it work? I wouldn't mind doing this to my radiator.

Stickman400
05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
You just find what size your fins are spaced apart and then push it between the fins carefully.

Lquad71
05-18-2013, 09:21 PM
The problem with that is my fins are smashed to where I cant even put a tiny screwdriver in there. Im literally taking tiny pliers and moving every fin to where it should be.