PDA

View Full Version : Which battery?

Zakradu398
05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Are people still using the hayabusa batt? Mine sharted the bed yesterday..

Stickman400
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I had mine last until a month ago when it started getting slowly drained during the day while riding. I had to hook a battery tender up to it every night just so I had a fully charged battery to ride the next day. I ended up getting the Shorai LiPO battery that Wheelie and a few others on here got. It works great, lot more power and very light.

chronicsmoke
05-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I had mine last until a month ago when it started getting slowly drained during the day while riding. I had to hook a battery tender up to it every night just so I had a fully charged battery to ride the next day. I ended up getting the Shorai LiPO battery that Wheelie and a few others on here got. It works great, lot more power and very light.

link meh!

I need a new battery after not riding it in 8-9 months lol

Stickman400
05-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Here's a link to the last page of Wheelie's thread where he shows differences and pics of it: http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?484677-Ballistic-Evo2-Battery/page3

Here's a link directly to RMATV's site: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/160/730/146/31299/Shorai-Lithium-Iron-Battery

I will say that the price is a bit crazy, but it will last a lot longer and put out a lot more juice than the $60 Hayabusa battery does. Long term it's the better decision in my mind.

chronicsmoke
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
sounds good, thanks man!

ish416
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm on my 4th Shoria battery in a little over a year. These things are junk.

Zakradu398
05-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Hmm.. That Shorei was the other option but not so sure after what Ish said..

ish416
05-13-2013, 03:26 PM
All the Shorai I have had failed in the same exact way. I'm on my 2nd on the EX and two have failed on my WR250R. They will work perfectly until they don't, literally. Most recently I had one in my WR250R, rode it one day, everything was fine. Went to ride it less than a few hours later and it was completely dead. Tried charging it with my battery tender overnight, and nothing. Took it to Autozone for them to test it and, it only was holding .9v. Had it replaced with another one and had the exact same issue in less than a few weeks, worked fine, then didn't, only holding .9v. I got a full refund and bought a Ballistic and have had no issues with it at all. I have also been running a Ballistic in my KFX450R for a few years and have yet to have a single issue.

So in total, I am currently on my 2nd one for the EX and have had 2 fail on my WR250R. I do know people who have them and have had no issues. I am not one of them. I am sold on the Ballistic batteries, the products are good, the support guys are awesome. I had one that arrived DOA and would not hold a charge at all, they over-nighted me a new one at no charge since I was leaving for the Hatfield McCoy trails (Buffalo Mountain) that week, the guy I talked to rides and told me which trails are good and where there is a good place to eat (Starters in Williamson, WV) and they are made in the USA.

Once this Shorai fails again on my EX, it will be getting a Ballistic battery.

Stickman400
05-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Well it's been about a year for Wheelie and he didn't report any issues, so I guess it's just hit or miss. I'll be sure to bump one of these threads if I have a similar issue.

CJM
05-14-2013, 04:26 PM
When I sold my ex the other day I didnt put it on a battery tender at all this winter except maybe for a few days. Otherwise the busa battery held up like a champ and never gave me issues and I want to say I had it at least 3 years of hard use.

Stickman400
05-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Yea, just to be clear, the busa battery WILL last if you take care of it. But I wanted to try and start my cold blooded 400 in the dead of winter and I don't know how to stop trying until my solenoid starts clicking from no juice. It was completely my fault that my busa battery died when it did.

400man
05-14-2013, 11:56 PM
ive always had good luck the everstart batteries from walmart

quadmanw
05-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Have you guys had any experience or heard of a battery called Adventure power? They have them on Amazon for $35 bucks.. Sounds like it may be junk but I figured I'd ask around

Zakradu398
05-21-2013, 05:41 AM
Have you guys had any experience or heard of a battery called Adventure power? They have them on Amazon for $35 bucks.. Sounds like it may be junk but I figured I'd ask around

Where abouts in PA you ride at?

quadmanw
05-21-2013, 05:55 AM
I have a camp up in venango county that has trails for days.. I also race at switchback in butler.. Also thunder on the hill in OH. What about you?

cheater13
05-21-2013, 06:21 AM
I wish we had more places in PA to ride. I would love to go to Hatfield and Macoys in West VIrginia but it's kind of pricey. There's a really nice track around here but it's 40 bucks to ride at. I might go there some in summer though since there isn't anywhere else to ride around here.

quadmanw
05-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I wish we had more places in PA to ride. I would love to go to Hatfield and Macoys in West VIrginia but it's kind of pricey. There's a really nice track around here but it's 40 bucks to ride at. I might go there some in summer though since there isn't anywhere else to ride around here.

There's actually a lot of places to ride in PA. I belong to ATV TRACTION VENANGO, and I know there are plenty of other ATV tractions on PA. A few of us from PA should all meet up and ride sometime.. Check out thunder on the hill.. It was pretty cool last year and they claim to keep adding trails