View Full Version : Drr 50 ac???

BEARAZZ
05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
I just picked up a single a arm air cooled 50 the other day for my youngest daughter and was wanting to know a few things. Any tricks with these AC motor/single arm setups will help alot . I believe this a 07 but not sure. How do you take the rev limiter off? It seems to be going pretty fast but just wanting to make sure it is off. I know there is a washer in the pipe that needs removed, but i believe there is one in the cdi that also restricts it. Do you have to protect the fan opening from mud/water when using these AC motors for XC?? Any Help would be great as i have a 6yr old daughter that is just begging to start racing. I know a dual arm will be better but i am just wanting to let her get out there any see how she likes it before i invest in another.

quadfamily2003
05-16-2013, 07:40 PM
I just picked up a single a arm air cooled 50 the other day for my youngest daughter and was wanting to know a few things. Any tricks with these AC motor/single arm setups will help alot . I believe this a 07 but not sure. How do you take the rev limiter off? It seems to be going pretty fast but just wanting to make sure it is off. I know there is a washer in the pipe that needs removed, but i believe there is one in the cdi that also restricts it. Do you have to protect the fan opening from mud/water when using these AC motors for XC?? Any Help would be great as i have a 6yr old daughter that is just begging to start racing. I know a dual arm will be better but i am just wanting to let her get out there any see how she likes it before i invest in another.

We use a drr 50 single a arm and it competes just fine in our series first off use a drr 90 pipe ang contact Gary at g force racing to get an unrestricted CID box he is located in Florida he can help you our greatly. We also have a set of PEP shocks front and rear but if you can find a nice set of Elkas they are also great you don't have to worry about the vent and squirrel cage it will be totally fine. Good luck.