PDA

View Full Version : starting issues when hot

jak1389
05-07-2013, 05:52 PM
first things first, been quite a while since ive been on here! so here it goes, have a completely stock motor in my 06er, have yet to be rebuilt,even though i know its been due. lately when i go to start it cold it starts and runs great. after a little riding it starts stalling very easily even with the clutch pulled in. then its a nightmare to start, and makes loud banging that sounds terrible and will stop cranking until i hit the starter again. one, id like to know what the hell this banging is, its done it for a while now but i havent paid much attention to it since it would start and run fine. next is whats up with the not starting at all when hot anymore? i went out yesterday and i literally had to wait until cooled down before i could head home. valves are in check so is decomp.

DnB_racing
05-07-2013, 08:48 PM
the noise is your starter clutch one way bearings slipping ...time for a new starter clutch

the hard starting is valves .... if you run a dirty air filter or just lack of maintaince (oil changes) then you have worn valves depending on how bad they have worn you might be able to just adjust the shims... but that's just a temporary fix once the coating is worn off the wear much quicker