PDA

View Full Version : Pvl ?

rd2005
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I need to do some work on my boys 90cc Apex engine. This work will require me to remove the PVL. I am wondering though is it possible for someone like me to mess with a PVL with no prior experience of pulling it out? If this is possible what tools will I need? Is there a way to remove the PVL without tampering with the way it's set? It is a Malossi PVL...Thanks

nastynotchback1
05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
If you don't have to take off the inner rotor you will be fine but if you do you will need to reset the timing.Not hard to do but does require special tools.

mmsoup
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm in Johnson City, pm me if you need to remove the inner rotor and set the timing again.

It's very straightforward if you have a puller and a dial indicator. If not, I have all required tools.

rd2005
05-07-2013, 11:46 PM
If you don't have to take off the inner rotor you will be fine but if you do you will need to reset the timing.Not hard to do but does require special tools.

Thanks nastynotch for the help.

rd2005
05-07-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm in Johnson City, pm me if you need to remove the inner rotor and set the timing again.

It's very straightforward if you have a puller and a dial indicator. If not, I have all required tools.

Hey mmsoup I pm'd you & I think I have your number. Work has just kept be busy that I barely get time to do anything else but will make some time to get in touch. I really have to get this motor back up to speed. Thanks for the help

rd2005
05-27-2013, 10:47 AM

Wanted to say a big Thanks to mmsoup for helping me get my boys engine finished & for taking the time to teach me some cool little tips/tricks.