PDA

View Full Version : LRD non PV300, what pipe to run?

TRUTH
05-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey all,
I recently picked up an LRD non PV300, I'm in the market for a pipe. I play ride; pits, mx and sx tracks. Looking for solid low-mid power without sacrificing too much top end. If anyone is familiar with the power characteristics of this motor, what pipe would work well with the LRD top end? Thanks! Frank R.

killer_yfz
05-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Hey all,
I recently picked up an LRD non PV300, I'm in the market for a pipe. I play ride; pits, mx and sx tracks. Looking for solid low-mid power without sacrificing too much top end. If anyone is familiar with the power characteristics of this motor, what pipe would work well with the LRD top end? Thanks! Frank R.

Look for a nice used LRD pipe or call Arlan at LED and pick up his newest style pipe for that motor.

RyanWsly
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
If you can't get one of the ones suggested above try a pro circuit pipe, it seemed to get along well with mine. Mine is a PV300 and a standard low end/mid pipe didn't make very tractable power.

TRUTH
05-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys! Ryan, which pipe/pipes did you try that did not work well? Was was the issue? Thank you again!

etccb
05-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Try a TRX5. It is the best all around pipe for the 250r.

RyanWsly
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
That cylinder will most likely have a bunch of mid range because of who ported it and it's a 50+ hp cylinder, so what happens it there is too much power to get to the ground. The best example of this was the first pipe I tried a type 6 PT and I tried it simply tried it because it's what I ran on the cylinder before. With that pipe on that cylinder the power was not useable, when it came on the pipe it broke traction, to the point where you were not moving as fast as you could be and it was hard to contain in tight areas because all it wanted to do was spin. Like I said the pro circuit worked but the LRD or an LED would fit it the best as they were built to fit those cylinders/porting. I have a LRD stamped pipe lined up now but have yet to ride it, according to what I have been told by people who have previously owned these engines it works best for extracting the power from the cylinders. As for the TRX5 above I have no experience with it but would guess you may run into what I did and just have too much in one area to get it to the ground. I can tell you from first hand experience that there is a huge difference between a "low end" port job that comes with an ESR 300 cylinder compared to what you are bolting on so I would personally wonder how well one of his pipes would match your cylinder.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Would really be good if you could have those ports degreed first, to see what they are set at.
You know for sure it is an LRD cylinder, but do you know for sure if anyone has touched those ports after it left Arlans hands.
Neil

TRUTH
05-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the help guys! I honestly appreciate it. C Leigh, I don't know anything about the porting, do you know anyone that could help me with that? ;)