PDA

View Full Version : where did my thread go??

big_poppa49
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Is it just me or did this place just change???? :huh:huh

My thread was about my 400ex cutting off and backfiring........wth.....

skinful
05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Is it just me or did this place just change???? :huh:huh

My thread was about my 400ex cutting off and backfiring........wth.....

Yeah I looked at my post went to reply and now it says invalid link? Grrr

JOHNDOE83
05-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah I looked at my post went to reply and now it says invalid link? Grrr

dang ,man I had typed up a whole page for you to just earlier today.

Admin
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
The upgrade took several days, so post between 4/29 and 5/2 were lost, but everything appears to be working fine on the new system, so we shouldn't have anymore lost post.

big_poppa49
05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
dang ,man I had typed up a whole page for you to just earlier today.

Was this aimed for me?

I am fixing to order the jets, 42 and 160. Not sure if you read my last post, but I think I said that I just needed jet to get me running nice and smooth and not cutting off and backfiring. I dont race or anything so nothing has to be pristine, but as long as it cranks good and runs good im fine with that. Oh yea I did ask how could I tell if it was jetted right??

As I already have my carb off right now, I went ahead and took out the pilot jet just to take a look and I think my jets are my problem. I stuck a fine wire in the hole and there must be crap in there because I managed to get the hole completely stopped up to where I could not even breath through it.

Also, do you think a rebuild kit is necessary? Im kind of low on cash right now, so im just wondering if its a must. Before when I had it apart I did take a look at the float needle and it appeared in good shape. Gaskets look good as well.