PDA

View Full Version : Killer 400EX

GrounD PoundeR
03-16-2003, 02:24 PM
I went to Gator Run in east Texas this past weekend where they were doing drags. Ended up my 400EX beat a Cannondale, Raptor, Several different types of Polarises and a LTZ400. Needless to say I was in shock by this and the guy with the raptor reach in his pocket to pull an excuse from his ***** of how he loss. He could believe a 400 beat him that only hase the mods listed below. I still think Honda needs to go liquid cooled but I walked a little taller after that.:D

CHAUNCY
03-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Souns fun

HondaRancherES
03-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Sounds like you did good and had alot of fun

MSL
03-18-2003, 12:29 AM
You beat all those quads with a basically stock 400 with a pipe?

hard to believe but I guess congrats on the win
:ermm:

sparks400ex101
03-18-2003, 06:34 AM
yeah i know, with my mod's listed a still cant beat a predator...........just you wait though.....i got something that will shock them all...:eek2:

GrounD PoundeR
03-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey I dont know what there deal was. I guess they dont know how to ride or something. I'm not saying I'm perfect but I agree with what you are saying. Hell I almost bought a raptor, but bought the 400EX. Somedays I want to kick my own ***** for not buying one.

Oh Chad was there when it happened so you can ask him if you want. He said when he went to another place to ride that day a stock 400 beat a couples raptors. I have no idea why a raptor is put in the same class as a 400, but he said there were not enough people to drag.

sparks400ex101
03-18-2003, 09:50 AM
hmmmmm i suppose.............................bad driving, but even an idiot can race a drag..:p

GrounD PoundeR
03-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey its no sweat off my back if you believe me or not. Its not like I know you and am trying to gain some cool points.I thought it was funny so I posted it.
Some idiots cant drag...Or I have a super honda factory zoom-zoom 400EX.:D

Rip_Tear
03-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Good job, that would make you feel real good :D

SUPERFLY 400
03-18-2003, 01:19 PM
what up bro? I also entered in my 400 in some drags (class was 400 and up) which sucks when your racing motors almost twice the size or yours. But anyway i beat several 400's and couple of raptors, but even better is everyone who is watching the drags seeing a 400 beat a raptor and even if you loose by a little thats ok too cause the raptor has 260cc more motor then a 400 and if i was a raptor owner and got my ***** beat or almost beat by a 400 in front of a crowd would be so embarassing:D

As for you bro you have a fast 400...almost as fast as mine:D

GrounD PoundeR
03-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Ya well he'll have to beat a 425EX, TC cam, ported & polished. Its suppose to be close to 40 HP. I'll find out when its all fine tooned. With some type of tire that grips better in sand. Still undecided. Thinking about some Geckos.

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 05:13 AM
What GrounD PoundeR says is right! I was there and seen it myself. Kind of amazed us all! My friend that has never drag raced in his life, doesnt even own a quad, got on GrounD PoundeR's piped and jetted 400ex and beat a couple of Predators, a Cannondal, and a Raptor. The boy on the Raptor was pissed!! After I beat the Raptor bike like over 10 bike lengths he began b!tching how he has never been beat by a 400EX, but when GrounD PoundeR's piped and jetted 400EX beat him I believe he went home and cried!!
Superfly you are right!! I hate how they class the ATV's at the drags sometimes!! At the second drags I went to this weekend(GrounD PoundeR didnt get to make it bacause he had to leave) they put all the 400EXs, KFX's, Z's, and Raptors in one class and put me in the open class against a wild DS 650 on alcohol!! They said it wouldnt be fair for me to race the 400's,,,but I guess its fair for me to race a wild DS 650 on alcohol! Well anyway my friend said when I pulled up to the line everyone was saying man thats a sweet looking 400EX but theres no way he has a chance against that DS 650,,,,but after the races were over all they could say is "that damned white Honda is one bad mofo!!

sparks400ex101
03-19-2003, 06:26 AM
lol sounds like i got a lemon ex then, i need to buy a new one from your dealer:D

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey Superfly400 will even tell you that mine has alot more zip then his. we run the same main jet he has an aftermarket slip on pipe and I have the big gun. Go figure. I guess mine was made on a Wednesday and his was on a Friday.:D

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 09:52 AM
Yeah I rode GrounD PoundeR's bike to see how it felt to me but my opinion of a piped and jetted 400EX isnt worth piss after getting off the 505! But next time we go Ill let you take a lil spin on mine!! hey if you get that thing together in time, maybe you ought to try to race the XC races going on over in Kilgore! Man I would love to race them but I dont think my bike is really setup for XC with the long swingarm!!

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey give me a call later. I have to go to town to get some stuff for my daughter. Hopefully by then I can tell what I'm planning on doing.

SUPERFLY 400
03-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey bro your not suggesting that yours is faster than mine...NOT! What I meant was that the lower end seemed to have more zip, but it could be that your Big gun barked alot louder than mine giving the false impression of more zip:blah
Just one way to settle it.....see ya on the line:D
call me!

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 02:48 PM
More Zip for a rider who weighs 60lbs heavier than you.

ChadEXer
03-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Man I was reading through the new ATV Sport magazine about the Texas Sand Drags that they will be having again this year! i sure would like to enter those. The only thing is that you dont drag one on one, you race yourself(bracket racing) so Im not sure how good at that I would be. Basically the most consistent racer wins! At the last race a stock 300EX won 2nd place,,,and a $1000 cash prize too!!! First got $1800!! Thats the kind of prizes Im talking about!!

GrounD PoundeR
03-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Just take your bike down in first gear. Then you dont have to worry about your speed. Practice will make perfect.

ChadEXer
03-24-2003, 06:57 AM
You better have that killer TC 425 ready by this weekend!!!! I talked to the guys over there and he said they will be having the drag races but they wont be until later in the evening, following the MX races. Probably close to dark. Oh and if you do get to stay there till then and do race, youll be competing with the 505;) He is going to have a 400cc class, and then the 600+cc class. So I will be in the 400 class, and probably race the 600cc class too. He said he has had MANY calls about the drag races and is assuming there is going to be A LOT of trick bikes there!!!

GrounD PoundeR
03-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Well I got good news and bad. The good is I'm going try to get my bike done by this weekend. The bad is my wife has to work again as far as I know. I told you that already before. Now if your wife wants to watch the kids well hey I'm all for it. Still need to get some tires.