PDA

View Full Version : gas gas 300 to keep or not to keep

QuadOwner
04-26-2013, 05:27 PM
"the modern 250r" as some know it is a cool quad, but is it worth keeping? most parts i think would be a chore to get with the easiest parts being bearings, brake pads and wiseco piston kits, but as far as anything else good luck! so should i keep her?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/yfZsE/001-14_zps956eace1.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/yfZsE/media/001-14_zps956eace1.jpg.html)

250Renvy
04-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Since nobody has chimed in, I'd say keep it.

The only parts you may need is a piston and rings or chain or maybe replacing the a-arms, but they can be bought. Everything else is available through a Gasgas dealer or online. Some are expensive, but no more than any 250R parts these days.

I have one, but don't really like the twitchy front end, the motor and every other feature is great though.

I don't know where you are located, but I would pick up another one if it was close.

beobe99
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Sell that heep, I'll give you 1k to help you out

Kidding, and I agree with the above although I've never ridden one. They are rare and the 1 time I saw one I had nothing but qs. and praise for the dude.

Is there a solution for the "twitchy front end"? Stabilizer?

QuadOwner
04-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

The only parts you may need is a piston and rings or chain or maybe replacing the a-arms, but they can be bought. Everything else is available through a Gasgas dealer or online. Some are expensive, but no more than any 250R parts these days.

I have one, but don't really like the twitchy front end, the motor and every other feature is great though.

I don't know where you are located, but I would pick up another one if it was close.

yeah i was looking for parts and nobody has a microfiche that i saw for the quads. i live a couple hours from a dealer and i emailed him awhile back and he said some parts may be a "challenge" to get

250Renvy
04-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Pm me your email. I have a microfische and part numbers for the quad.

Nothing should be a "challenge" except maybe a new frame, or plastic or something like that.

Where are you located?

bhatch21
04-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice quad. I've got an 87 Tecate 4 and you can't get much new for it. At least there's some used Tecate stuff hanging around. I doubt there's many used gasgas parts out there. But if you don't plan on wearing it out or doing much to it, then you don't need them.

Is it me, or does the front end look alot wider than the rear?

89trx250r
04-27-2013, 09:38 PM
I am pretty sure they still sell them new in Spain,so I don't think parts will be a problem. My buddy used to have two of those 300's they were definitely sweet. Like the others have said get a stabilizer and that twitch will go away. That front end is pretty wide if I remember correctly around 53 or 54 inches?

QuadOwner
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
52 inches wide it is in the front and as far as i know they dont make quads anywhere anymore

QuadOwner
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

im located in northeast pa

QuadOwner
04-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by bhatch21
Nice quad. I've got an 87 Tecate 4 and you can't get much new for it. At least there's some used Tecate stuff hanging around. I doubt there's many used gasgas parts out there. But if you don't plan on wearing it out or doing much to it, then you don't need them.

Is it me, or does the front end look alot wider than the rear?

its not you, it is wider in the front. its 48" in the back, but i do believe you can adjust the width back there.

etccb
04-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Run 4 x 1 front wheels. The best handling set up and with it being extra wide this will have it more the norm on width and help with the front end.