PDA

View Full Version : 440 Kit Prices

GrounD PoundeR
03-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I was hoping you guys might be able to give me some site and prices for a 440 kit.
I want to find one with JE piston, teflon coated rings and all the other normal parts. I was also trying to find a price for a tc cam.

shamisc
03-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Go with the Four Stroke Tech 11:1 440 from Mickey Dunlap. You WON"T be disappointed! It cost me right at $300 shipped. But well well worth it!!! He has a custom made piston from Wiseco that has been lightened and acheives a true 11:1 comp ratio. It also includes a custom made thick sleeve, thicker sleeve than other companies ( less likely to crack ). Like I said, you won't be disappointed. Mickey is a well known and respected engine builder from way back! Give him a buzz and he'll be more than happy to answer all your questions, and tell you exactly what to do to get the most out of the 440. Hope this helps! :D

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Jason, Like we were talking about on the phone, buy the kit from a race shop or TC or Sparks!
By the way, you didnt have any problem finding your way out of the park did you?? I didnt even think about that till we left!! And Beau says we need to start our own race team,,,I told him it would help a little if he would buy a damned bike!! He thinks now that he beat that Raptor that he is a pro!!!

GrounD PoundeR
03-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Sounds like a winner to me, but first let me mod my stocker engine. Any one use nos.....Hmmm the possibilities..

As for Micky I've heard some bad things about his engine builds.

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Why dont you just pay $600 and put a 50 shot of NOS on it??:D You might make it down the drag strip once or twice!!!

GrounD PoundeR
03-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Still working on buying a rocket engine from the Air-Force.

OutlawEX
03-17-2003, 11:56 AM
185 on ebay

GrounD PoundeR
03-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Yes they are about 185 on ebay, but thats not with a JE or Ross Piston or teflon coated rings. Your just going to get the basics.

shamisc
03-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by GrounD PoundeR
Sounds like a winner to me, but first let me mod my stocker engine. Any one use nos.....Hmmm the possibilities..

As for Micky I've heard some bad things about his engine builds.

WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT A BAD ENGINE BUILD?? :ermm:

ChadEXer
03-18-2003, 03:41 AM
I have heard many stories as well as every time Mickey comes on here a number of people start flaming him. Im not one to flame a business because of what Ive heard, but it does reflect my buying habits..