PDA

View Full Version : 2 Fast 90 Setup

wickestangwv
04-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Ok I know I ask a lot of questions but i'm new to this and I've learned from past mistakes of buying a bunch of stuff I can't use.

Any how I just bought a 2 fast kit and want to build a new motor for my sons 90 Anyway What else should I buy? I know I need a new carb but what size? Also what about intake does a haggerty intake have any benefit? Seems as if everyone is running a V Force Reed set up. Also I know I need a new ignition. Besides the transmission stuff which I know what I need to get there. I think this is about it.

Again thanks for any input.

mmsoup
04-26-2013, 05:52 AM
These kits kind of require a collection of parts to function properly

Buy the Mach 1 2Fast pipe

We use the real forward facing Haggerty's mainly because we have two and they have been great intakes. There are larger reed cages out there but we run the KX65. Lot of guys are running the CR85 or Rad valve intake on the Max RPM Haggerty style intake

We use a Malossi VL 14 reed and run the Keihin 28mm Airstryker for torque and throttle response primarily because we run in the woods and need to be strong all over

We run Stage 6 PVL and have for 4 years. Knock on wood, never any failures and our equipment gets abused

Buy a billet water pump and G-Force has a sweet billet drive plate for the PVL that actually works and eliminates moving parts

Malossi overrange and Stage 6 adjustable clutch Get a slipper for certain if you are going to race MX

Not wanting to start a fuss but be wary of running any old gas on that motor and stay with straight VP C12 if it's available for you. We run straight Turbo Blue 110 and 36:1 and that has solved a great deal of issues for us with heat and detonation. You will definitely get more power as you go down in octane but the detonation line is a bit blurry and we run an hour at a time so we practice better safe than sorry

These motors are awesome, but we are pulling a great deal of power out of them and they can go bang in a hurry. Good luck with your racing

asadad00
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Since you just bought it then its probably the 89.9 2fast we have the same one and your going to like alot.

I agree with mmsoup

mach-1 exhaust
stage-6 pvl

Haggerty intake is fine but I like the 30mm carb with the mach-1 intake best on this new 90 , our old 86cc 2fast liked the 28mm carb.

fasten your seat belt Its real Fast.

wickestangwv
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
It's the older version I bought the whole kit used because it was to fast for the kid so they took it out and toned it down a lot

asadad00
04-26-2013, 01:58 PM
add the above parts and it will be still be a powerhouse.

nastynotchback1
05-03-2013, 02:06 PM
I have an extra Haggerty intake with the v-force reed cage for a 2 fast if you want it.175.00 shipped.

wickestangwv
05-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Is the reed cage different for a 2 fast?

nastynotchback1
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Not that i know i just mean they were used on a 2fast