PDA

View Full Version : Shock Set-up

Dan4994
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
I have often read how important it is to have good suspension on this sight, but have never seen anything about how to set it up.

Would it be possible to get a suspension for dummies? Just wondering some starting points like sag... Plus, what to look for when they are on the track and how to adjust to it. I have two sons and quite honestly neither of them give real good feedback as to how the quads are handling.

Any info would help. Thanks

nastynotchback1
04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
This is what works best for us.I set the quad to as close to 6.5in ride height front and 6 in ride height rear as i can get.I also make sure you can just turn the springs by hand with the wheels off the ground.I will start with the compression set at half way.I set the rebound about halfway or alittle slower on the rear and alittle fast on the front.Then we ride and do the finishing touches from there.

Most kids can't tell you what's wrong because they just don't know.I have spent alot of time teaching my sone the terms and what they are so he can for the most part tell me what's wrong.Just watch him ride and you will see where he is having issues.Also most kids will try to adjust to a bad riding bike rather than have the bike adjusted for them.