PDA

View Full Version : big bust a sarco

deathman53
03-16-2003, 01:20 PM
anybody hear about the bust at sarco today. I talking to my friend right now, he was one of the unlucky ones to get caught. the cops were off of bonehill rd. fines are $500.

trxex
03-17-2003, 01:33 PM
what went on at sarco.did they impound or just ticket.i have not been there for about 2 months.last time i was there manchester p.d chased me with there jeep near the lake.i dont know if anyone got busted that day because i did not stick around.just went deep into the woods and rode! from what i heard from the locals they are cracking down there but i dont know?they are cracking down here on eastern long island too. it realy sucks that they bust balls so much.were just having fun riding and with all the other crap going on in this world do they really need to hassle us.:grr :mad:

03-17-2003, 01:38 PM
was anyone else there?

Want to help end all this nonsense and have more legal places to ride?

Then click here > click here (http://www.jorva.org/)

deathman53
03-17-2003, 03:58 PM
he said that they were busting them as they were leaving. the cops told him that they were getting charged with criminal tresspass and that he could arrest them over that. I personally think the cops are blowing smoke up his ***, com'on arressting someone for riding. what has this world come to. they were givng everyone who had a bike there a $500 fine. glad I didn't go, I was thinking of it instead of chattsworth. I know last year, the cops were arresting people for riding in sacro, I hear that someone pissed off the staties. I know a person who got arrested that day, he was pissed.

03-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Deathman I do believe the fines cause manchester needs the money, and yes all this is about dollars and cents(not sense) anyhow.

SO you were at chatts this past sunday? It is safer there even if a little small.

03-17-2003, 04:29 PM
forget Nj ..(440ex4me ) LOlL,..come to PA :p

03-17-2003, 04:48 PM
LMAO what and miss all the fun :rolleyes:

JOEX
03-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
he said that they were busting them as they were leaving. the cops told him that they were getting charged with criminal tresspass and that he could arrest them over that. I personally think the cops are blowing smoke up his ***, com'on arressting someone for riding. what has this world come to. they were givng everyone who had a bike there a $500 fine. glad I didn't go, I was thinking of it instead of chattsworth. I know last year, the cops were arresting people for riding in sacro, I hear that someone pissed off the staties. I know a person who got arrested that day, he was pissed.

I don't know you and others, but I don't like people on my property without permission.

Joe

03-18-2003, 04:38 AM
I don't know you and others, but I don't like people on my property without permission.
I am guessing that since you are hanging with those beavers you dont have a clue of what is going on in the "hold onto your wallet" state.

The problems here though not completely unique are very unusuall due to the overdevelopment and lack of open land compared to the amount of ORV's in this state.

Trust me that these guys are not tearing it up across someones farm etc (there are fewer of these left than good ride places) and most of the places you hear about problems at are either old abandoned sand mining pits or state forests.

We got us a heap of problems in this state and most of it is due to the politicians selling out for a buck for many many years.

JOEX
03-18-2003, 07:45 AM
You are correct, I don't know much about what's going on in your state, only what has been posted on this site. I take most of it with a grain of salt, i'm sure there is some bias involved;)

It's unfortunate that you all have to put up with the political BS in your area. Do you best and vote these people out of office.

It doesn't matter if they are "tearing it up" or not, trespassing is trespassing period.

I hope things improve for you guys, if not take your tax dollars elsewhere:)

Joe

danyeo
03-18-2003, 08:10 AM
OH come one, don't tell me they were busting riders, this is bad news since this is my favorite place. Although i never park down by Bone Hill. Unfortunatly this is why we all should keep our parking spots to ourselves, i have seen it too many times, when the word gets out places get ruined. And when the weather gets warm why does every idiot from Staten Island have to come down to Sarco and act like a fool. I know i dont speak for every New Yorker but why drag race up the streets when you have all those thousands of acres to ride on. Why the need to drink booze and throw your empty cans everywhere. Why do those idiots bring jet skiis in the lake when the DAMM ocean is 20 minutes away. Why dont we just call the Manchester and Dover cops and tell them where we are. Why get drunk and ride your quad with no helmut or jet skii, get hurt, and then try to sue the land owner. Well I'm glad i signed up for Tower City because when all the idiots are done there will be nowhere to ride. Again, i know i don't speak for everyone, HECK there are idiots from everywhere, but i do note the license plates i see and at which time of year. So to the idiots, go ahead have fun, act like an idiot on the 6000 quad you got which you probably sell next year to buy a stupid 91 Honda civic with a retarded exhaust and decals . And when you get hurt at Sarco or Claytons or Gliddens or LAcey, remember that you really should take responsibility for your own actions and tell you lawyer you should sue the guy that ripped you off when you got your stupid12 year old Honda, leave the land owners alone! OK, I'm done. exhale and count to 10.......

trxex
03-18-2003, 09:30 AM
right on dannyeo ,i could have not said it any better my self.there are a lot of idiots that ride!:grr

danyeo
03-18-2003, 10:31 AM
And yes, the cops CAN be jerks, but most of the time that they are out busting riders it's because someone called them up to come out. And people call up because they are aware of the riders. If they don't know we are out there they will not call the cops on us.

trxex
03-18-2003, 12:29 PM
the main reason the cops bust here on l.i is because of 2 reasons,1 the jerks that ride on the road acting like *******s in front of the riding areas,and because of lawsuits.i know of 2,the first one was little 14 yr old johnny's mom and dad bought him a dirtbike.then the little fool went into the pine barrens (here on l.i) with out a helmet,without any knowlage of how to ride and he was killed when he wiped out.guess what? little johnnys parents sued n.y.s,and the county.the other one was a bunch of kids were riding the sand pit ay spiney hill and went off a cliff.his freinds were afraid to call 911,so the *********s tried to take him home.when they moved him because of his injury they moved him the wrong way and broke his back.guess what ?? his parents sued the sand pit owner. before this we never had a problem at this pit.these people are the ones who ruin our sport for every one.iam pretty shure its the same reason why they bust in n.j, rumor has it the dickhead on the jetski at sarco on the lake was killed ,if its true iam shure someone sued.this kind of b.s pisses me off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

honda400exrider
03-18-2003, 12:34 PM
trxex where do u ride, and where if newhere on li do u live? thats where i am near... lol

trxex
03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :huh :huh :huh w.t.f are you talking about ???????????. i ride the qouqe pit.the miller place pit,the kings park pit,and the pt jeff small pit.the pine barrens issue happened about 2 yrs ago,and the spinney rd issuse was also about 2 yrs ago.you must have heard about it .every were i rode after it happend everyone talked about it! i have been riding sukkolk county around 6 yrs.

03-18-2003, 03:23 PM
I hope things improve for you guys, if not take your tax dollars elsewhere Were working on it. There is a new off road group off road assoc (http://www.jorva.org) that was formed to put pressure on our legislators and open up legal places to ride.

As of now there are only about 2 places and everything else is illegal. Thats just not enough for a state with as many millions of people as this, and the estimates for off road users etc is approaching 1/2 million so we gots problems.

Just for the record the tearing it up wasnt meant to mean they are riding on used or occupied property not that they rode there carefully. Most of these areas are on the states superfund list of toxic contaminated properties etc. aka wasteland.

And when the weather gets warm why does every idiot from Staten Island have to come down to Sarco and act like a fool. I know i dont speak for every New Yorker but why drag race up the streets when you have all those thousands of acres to ride on. Why the need to drink booze and throw your empty cans everywhere. Hey I am a wanna be new yorker from staten island :D Ok not really but was funny. I know the peeps your talking about and dont bother as your just wasting your time, but I have to vouch that there aint many brains left for saving with a helmet anyhow. :)

suzukiz400rider
03-19-2003, 05:39 PM
IAM A NEW YORKER,I LIVE IN QUEENS AND HAVE BEEN RIDING AT SARCO FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW,,NEVER HAD A PROBLEM,BUT THEN AGAIN I PARK AT MY FRIENDS HOUSE,HIS YARD IS DIRECTLY NEXT TO OR IN SARCO..

LAST TIME I WAS THERE WAS ABOUT 3 MONTHS,NO PROBLEMS, AS THE WEATHER GETS NICER,EXPECT MORE COPS,THEY HAVE IT *** BACKWARDS,,,,FALL AND WINTER IS WHEN RIDING IS AT PEAK,YEAH THE WEATHER IS NICE BUT THEN IT SPORTBIKE AND JET SKI TIME......

IT'S A SAD THING THAT THIS SPORT HAS NO RESPECT OR EVEN LAND FOR USE TO USE THESE MACHINES,,,,WE SHOULD HAVE TO FORWARD SOME BLAME TOWARDS THE DEALER'S THERE NO HELP BUT HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING THEM IN AREA'S WHERE YOU CANT USE THEM....:eek2:

hondagirl3175
03-23-2003, 04:37 PM
hey guys just wanted to let you know the cops were there again this weekend.....don't they realize there is a war going on......They have nothing better to do i guess except bother us....big criminals that we are.....:mad:

danyeo
03-24-2003, 05:44 AM
Where were the cops? Just at Bone Hill? There are a bunch of kids that live down there that have to cross over 37 to ride there and i know that some people call the cops on them. But they live right there, they could care less about people who drive an hour to ride there. I guess i don't blame them that much but i wish they were a little more low key.

suzukiz400rider
03-24-2003, 01:35 PM
you got parking your good, just ride and beware,its too big there to get bagged,and just dont play in the st, why bother if you have all that sand

hondagirl3175
03-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Cops were driving around by the pit and the factory in a jeep and two cop cars...If you are not just sitting around then you dont have a problem. You also have to have good parking. They do bother you sometimes coming out of bone hill....depends on thier mood i guess....My Friend got busted a month ago in the middle of winter coming out bone hill...had to go to court....and another friend got caught last weekend just sitting around by the pit....Not me i see white vehicle i go...Just be aware especially on sundays.....

suzukiz400rider
03-30-2003, 08:23 AM
that sucks, usually i rip the pitt up a bit, but mostly take the back trails into the woods and head deep down into double trouble or even past that... those trails can go all the way to exit 63

ny300exrider
03-30-2003, 08:34 AM
all long islanders should all meet up sometime...i got a pit by me kinda small but very fun and no cops but ill only give out directions to people who pm me because i don want it becoming like 56....theres already a few a-holes coming and i dont like it one bit....smoking weed and stuff...i hate them

suzukiz400rider
03-30-2003, 08:55 AM
thats what eventually happens all over, it sad cause from ny to nj and all over the country one by one, the good area's to ride are disapearing right from underneath us.

i havent been to 56 in a while. but heard from a few people cops are shutting it down, but that has to happen, it gets big more people ride in the spring, then it gets shut down, then in the fall people get the bug ride there again, and its like a pattern

nj is just plain done for... except for sarco in the winter and fall and you must have good parking, i dont think long island is safe anywhere these days,not to long ago at 52 off commack rd. i missed getting snatched.

i have a place near me that the local people stay and ride at, its plenty big so i dont need to leave the area.

trxex
03-30-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
all long islanders should all meet up sometime...i got a pit by me kinda small but very fun and no cops but ill only give out directions to people who pm me because i don want it becoming like 56....theres already a few a-holes coming and i dont like it one bit....smoking weed and stuff...i hate them eric we were at r/h pit sat untill i did a endo around 10:30.messed my self up real bad.looks like i will be healing for a while.

danyeo
04-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Was anyone down there this past weekend? I woke up too late on Sunday to go. Any trouble from the Police?

danyeo
04-08-2003, 06:27 AM
???

hondagirl3175
04-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey danyeo. Check pm

ny300exrider
04-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by trxex
eric we were at r/h pit sat untill i did a endo around 10:30.messed my self up real bad.looks like i will be healing for a while.
ah man that sucks.....what happened and where because ive endoed there and fell pretty hard but not too bad.....what date was it because i didnt see you post this....feel better.i might have slightly missed you because i went at like 1:30-2:00

danyeo
04-30-2003, 03:10 AM
How about this past weekend. Any trouble from the those who are here to protect and serve us?:rolleyes:

CronicArt
04-30-2003, 04:14 AM
http://www.app.com/app2001/story/0,21133,728817,00.html

Maybe not at Sarco but in Lacey, and yes not one of them were locals. Right on mountain road from what I was told yesterday and the helicopter landed in materials pit. It goes on like this all summer, every weekend. The land owners are tired of being sued by riders that don't know the first thing about safety. I don't know how many idiots I see out in Lacey/Waretown that think they are in a ruff riders video, sneakers, shorts, wife beater, no helmet just goggles. They get thier drink and smoke on, go out and drag race, crash and then medivaced out. Then when they wake up from thier coma they try to sue because why should they take responsability. These are the people ruining it for the rest of us. It is the responsable rider that should tell these idiots to go home and stay there. I'm not letting some punk ruin my area to ride. If you decide to come to Forked River or Georges do the right thing and be respectful, take your trash home, be careful, and don't forget to give a donation in the steel box on top of the yellow gate.:D

danyeo
04-30-2003, 04:49 AM
And we wonder why George tries to keep everyone out! Well i won't be going down there anytime soon since staying on Georges land gets boring. And i suspect the cops will out in force this coming weekend.

4wheelboy
04-30-2003, 10:43 AM
I have been there the past 5 weekends and havent seen a cop or ranger yet. :D Every time we go we leave at lest 2 or 3 dollars in the box. Our group always wheres full gear helmet google boots chest protector an once in a while a kidney belt. WE usaly camp near the elbow on weekends. If your gona go dont be stupid,bring trash bags take it home , dont cut down trees and use commun sense. soon nj wont have any spots left :grr

04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
This one was damn ugly from what I had heard.

I wasnt on the quad but just out in the truck checking out the amount of riders and rangers etc and had drivin down that road just after it all happened.

I couldnt get close enough to see the actual damage etc but from what I was told these guys were messed up bad.

Story was basicaly that a quad and a dirt bike traveling in different directions collided head on going into a "blind" turn.

The area where it happened is tree lined and the turn is pretty sharp and since the road is flat in this area (its a dirt fire rd/township road) and you are able to easily get into 5th so I am thinking the speeds could be up there.

Besides the BS from the rangers this is one of the reasons I dont like to ride in this area. You can get some good speeds but with the amount of riders and trucks etc it just gets dangerous.

Maybe somehow this will not just be another negative spot for our sport and somehow give the state leaders reason to get moving on some organised ride areas that would be directional and more organised and lessen the potential for these more serious injuries.

I agree with a lot of the previous and future statements on safety and stupidity but I am allways saddened to hear of anyone getting hurt while riding and pray that they are ok.

04-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Forgot this.

There were so many ambulances, paramedics, fire and police in the woods you had to wonder wtf was going on.

It was wierd cause you didnt see many riders but lots and lots of emergency people all over the place.

CronicArt
04-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Head Kracker just reminded me of a time we were coming out of materials on the paper road and moving at a pretty good speed cause the section we just got out of was all whooped out. We came up on a right hand blind turn (at that speed most turns are blind) and out of no where there was 7 or 8 riders abreast. Now when we ride we use the same common sense as we do on the pavement. STAY TO THE RIGHT! The ones I would of hit were on quads no bigger than 90's. Not only are the parents riding like idiots they aren't even teaching thier kids the right way. It could have been ugly for a couple of little kids and I would have walked away the bad guy. So, I could imagine how this one happend.

4wheelboy! 2 or 3 dollars! Are you kidding? For the past five weekends! How much would Chatsworth cost you? 2 or 3 dollars! C'mon man. Who pays for the gas for Georges machines to groom the land, and pick up trash, and pay the laywer who keeps the DEP and the Pinelands at bay, and the fines, and the time to do all this crap! This is the crap I hear George complaining about! He is the only land owner in the area that refused the cops permission to ticket on his land! You never know when he'll get fed up and join the other team!

DIG A LITTLE DEEPER!

04-30-2003, 06:02 PM
DIG A LITTLE DEEPER!

;)

Not sure if it was there but I had a episode once when I was passing stopped riders and the last one I was passing decided to spin his warrior around witout looking and would have hit each other if I didnt ride the ex into a 8ft ditch, but thankfully it lands like a cat on all fours so all was well.

Whenever you ride in an unorganised area theres a chance for opposing traffic etc now throw in a couple hundred riders and "watch out".

danyeo
05-01-2003, 02:43 AM
I have know that one guy died down there a few years back and i know another guy that plowed into a truck head on.
A few years back the holiday weekends were really bad down there. There was literally HUNDREDS of people down there. Mostly by the parkway in the small pit with the lake. It was such a zoo. People riding in every direction, no helmuts, one hand on the gas and the other holding a Budweiser. I saw a kid who must have been 5 on an ATC 350x. So many idiots out there.
I bet the kids who got messed up this past weekend will have some pissed off parents who probably know nothing about Lacey, or anything about what goes on down there. They will start smelling green and want to sue whoever they can and we get screwed.
Hey Lenny, it's totally legal to drive your truck down there right? I heard that Dual SPort bikes can ride down there as long as they have plates and everything. I almost got a Drz400 but i think quads are so much better in the dirt than dual sports.

05-01-2003, 05:46 AM
I am not sure on the probability of a solid law suit since this was on a paper road but who knows for sure.

The NJ state law allows registered and insured vehicles to operate on state roads and in the state forests and has no wording that I am aware of for private property (not that it doesnt just that I am not sure of it)

The DEPE that oversees the forestry division that runs the state forests etc has wording in there regulations that discriminate against ATV's and dirt bikes by exclusively not allowing them regardless of registration or insurance.

Any normal highway vehicle (car truck motorcycle etc) does have to be 100% legal in documentation and operation, and with the current levels of harrassment from the state and local authorities I would deff suggest it. So no bad inspection stickers or non working lights etc cause theres a good chance you may end up with a summons.

I have heard very little about anyone getting problems with tresspass type summons in a legal 4x4 truck etc but its much more likely on a quad or dirt bike.

From what I am finding if your quad or dirt bike is registered and insured you do have a much better chance of avoiding many of the tickets and towing and impound charges but since not everyone is fully competant on the laws anything is possible.

A lot of this depends on the rider, officer and the situation at hand so there isnt any standard to expect etc. so try to be "intelegent" if you are stopped by an officer and it should save you some $$$ and make us all look just a little better.

4wheelboy
05-01-2003, 02:38 PM
cronic art 2-3 dollars adds up.:rolleyes: i am only 14 i have to pay for my gas, my rides gas, im still paying for my quad, food and i make my money by mowing lawns> 2-3 dollars is all i can afford rite now and thats better than nothing

CronicArt
05-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
I have been there the past 5 weekends and havent seen a cop or ranger yet. :D Every time we go we leave at lest 2 or 3 dollars in the box. Our group always wheres full gear helmet google boots chest protector an once in a while a kidney belt. WE usaly camp near the elbow on weekends. If your gona go dont be stupid,bring trash bags take it home , dont cut down trees and use commun sense. soon nj wont have any spots left :grr
:huh

Says WE leave 2 or 3 dollars. I know at 14 you didn't drive there your self. 2 or 3 dollars from a group is like slapping George in the face. You would pay more in fines if George decided to let the law ticket on his property! Not to mention you said you camped there! Now think about how that sounds, 2 or 3 dollars for a group of friends camping and riding all weekend. You would be into hundreds if you camped at Chatsworth. :eek2:

danyeo
05-02-2003, 04:45 AM
This also happened this past weekend down in Pemperton, one guy was killed.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-04152003-73936.html

05-02-2003, 03:57 PM
cronic art 2-3 dollars adds up.:rolleyes: i am only 14 i have to pay for my gas, my rides gas, im still paying for my quad, food and i make my money by mowing lawns> 2-3 dollars is all i can afford rite now and thats better than nothing

Ok so you have a good explanation but that doesnt tell us why the others in your group didint do more.

4wheelboy
05-03-2003, 04:22 PM
i have no clue how much they put in just when i go buy i put wuts ever left in my little toolbox on my quad from wawa:(

05-04-2003, 04:14 PM
i have no clue how much they put in just when i go buy i put wuts ever left in my little toolbox on my quad from wawa

Was just bustin :)

Now is it the $$$ or the toolbox thats from Wawa LOL

danyeo
05-06-2003, 02:29 AM

I used to put at least 10 bucks in the box by the red gate but that got blocked off. When i camped out one time i left 40. If you can only afford 2-3 bucks who is going to pay the 80-100 trespassing fine you will eventually get.

hondagirl3175
05-06-2003, 10:58 AM
hey guys. Just got back from arizona and i can't belive my eyes reading what has happened since i left. Obviously these people didnt have helmets on. How stupid can you be. Another thing that pisses me off is that they write articles when people get hurt and make it sound like we have so many other places to go and forget to mention that we ride in these places because there is no where to ride....Maybe if we had legal places to go there wouldnt be such a problem..I get so mad. Like i said i just got back from arizona and you can pretty much ride where ever you want(except highway) I was ridding in a state park and had no problems over there. It really makes me want to leave this !@#$ state. There is nothing but political hyprocrits running the show....

I am not sure who said it on here that we should register our bikes ....Me personally give them enough money in the taxes that i pay when i bought the bike ...They shouldnt even get that since there isn't a place to ride. We keep giving them our money though so thay can build there golf courses and do the things the enjoy....:mad: