PDA

View Full Version : Rath Racing is a joke

ozborn1
04-19-2013, 11:17 AM
let me tell you a little story about Rath Racing and there product. first of all I will never and im mean never buy another part that is by any shape or form Rath Racing. Nothing aginst the quality of there product. they make top notch stuff. it is there customer service that is a joke. they lie and keep peoples money.

I ordered a set of Nerfs and bumper over a month ago. Rath's Website says it will ship out with in 3 days or we will contact you. well a week goes by and no parts and no call. so i try calling them and emailing them leaving several messages. they did not call or email back. after several days i finally got through to some one on the phone. they didnt even no that i had placed an order. they couldnt even find the record. i had to send them my pay pal invoice to prove it. then i spend another couple days trying to get a hold of them to find out if they got my fax to prove i had a order. once i got a hold of some one finally. they told me 2 weeks for the parts. well 3 weeks go by and i try calling agin. no answer. i leave several messages. they didnt return my calls. then i finally got someone on the phone agin. they told me 2 more weeks. so, i cancelled the order and they said they would refund me the money. 3 days and still no refund. so i finally just submited a dispute through paypal. Pay pal allows 10 days for them to respond once you escalate it to a claim. if i could bet every red cent i own. i bet they use all 10 days. this has already made me miss several races. and now i will not make the upcoming races cause i cant get a refund to purchase parts some where else. sorry for the big ramble but i thought i would share this so that maybe this will let all you know that if your plan on using rath you better place your order now so that you have it by next year.

Kawie450r
04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
I had a similar issue with them. I ordered 44 series nerfs and after several phone calls, lies from them, 4 different supposed ship dates and 3 1/2 months wait time i cancelled my order. How ever i still wanted rath nerfs so i found a vendor that had the sig series in stock so i bought them. I love the quality and look of rath products but i will never order anything directly through them again.

wfo4rv
04-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah Rath has good stuff but don't order it the week before a race

dxcody
04-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Kawie450r
i will never order anything directly through them again.

Exactly.. Rath isn't interested in Single item purchases to an individual.

I understand they SHOULD.. But if they have an order of $25000 worth of parts to a store, then they probably do just throw single item orders in the trash, or forget about them.

Which they are still making themselves look bad.

honda250xrider
04-19-2013, 06:53 PM
that's a shame to hear.

I hear these stories quite often with several atv manufactures. Possibly they should consider just selling to their distributors and closing it to the general public.

muddy400EX
04-19-2013, 08:44 PM
i would like to get a set of rath nerfs, but dont want to get in this mess

zyoung04
04-20-2013, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i would like to get a set of rath nerfs, but dont want to get in this mess

Best thing to do is order thru off of ebay or something like that then even their not powder coated or anything u will get them within a reasonable time.

I ordered 1 white bumper off of them back in february straight off of them and it took about 2 months for me to get it. After about a week i emailed them and they said it was being built. I finally wrote them and basically told them that I had tore down 2 quad sand blasted and powdered everything myself within the amount of time it had taken them to bend, weld, and powder my bumper. That same day they wrote me back and said it was sent out and heading my way.

If I ever have to do it again, im ordering a plain one off of ebay and powdering it myself. I done it that way bcuz I THOUGHT it would be faster and less mess for me but I thought wrong.

300ex_#387
04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
I have had many issues on muitiple orders from rath.

Been like that for years.

Smoker
04-20-2013, 08:54 PM
I e-mailed Rath the link and let them know they suck.

chucked
04-21-2013, 06:36 AM
They probably won't care.

madskrillz2
04-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Wow never expected that. I guess I got lucky when I ordered my bumper

ozborn1
04-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
that's a shame to hear.

I hear these stories quite often with several atv manufactures. Possibly they should consider just selling to their distributors and closing it to the general public.

I agree 100%. All of what I see posted is true. And I don't mind waiting as long as they tell me how long and keep me posted. I could have found a used set if they would have told me 2 months.

I ordered a set of houser nerfs. They shipped out the next day. Thanks to houser I will make it to the race. They got my vote. Very good people to talk with and very good costumer service. I have ordered from them a few times and they are always on top of things.i have a few buddies running the houser bounce nerfs and they love them.

quad2xtreme
04-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by ozborn1
[BI ordered a set of houser nerfs. They shipped out the next day. Thanks to houser I will make it to the race. They got my vote. Very good people to talk with and very good costumer service. I have ordered from them a few times and they are always on top of things.i have a few buddies running the houser bounce nerfs and they love them. [/B]

I've always had the same experience with Houser. I run their a-arms on both our 450s and the Houser bounce nerfs on one. I've sent a-arms back for powdercoat, bearings, and balljoints and they literally turn them around in 2-3 days. If I order replacement parts, they ship same day. I ran another set of bounce nerfs when I was still running on the mx track too. I've destroyed quite a few brands of nerfs but never the Housers.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I have had excellent customer service from Houser as well. I have ran their a-arms on both my 400ex and 450r, and they are top notch! I haven't ran anything from Rath before besides footpegs/heelguards, and from my experiences, they don't handle to much abuse. I got them from a friend, so I haven't had to order through them directly. Sorry to hear about your poor services with them. That's a shame.

edwardsp&b
04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Took me 2 1/2 months to get a set of nerfs for a JB mod. I LOVE there nerf bars, but that time table was ridiculous..........BTW I ordered through a distributor..........
Bryan

rbgnwa45
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Are they not incredibly busy?

JAG Motosports
04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Guess I was lucky ..... less than 2 wks to my door :cool:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/MiniQuadRiders/DSC05193.jpg (http://s427.photobucket.com/user/MiniQuadRiders/media/DSC05193.jpg.html)

patrickj75
04-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Are they not incredibly busy? Yes, they are. This is the busiest time of the year for them.

ozborn1
04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Are they not incredibly busy?

Agin. It's not the wait that I'm mad about. It's being lied to and the poor customer service. If they would have said 2 months I would have got a used set in the mean time. But the website says 3 days or a phone call. Then I was told over and over just 2 more weeks. The 2 weeks turned into months.

Kawie450r
04-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by ozborn1
Agin. It's not the wait that I'm mad about. It's being lied to and the poor customer service. If they would have said 2 months I would have got a used set in the mean time. But the website says 3 days or a phone call. Then I was told over and over just 2 more weeks. The 2 weeks turned into months.

Exactly. I know they are busy but they did not have to keep lieing to me and giving me ship dates that they knew werent correct. If they straight up told me that is was going to take a few months i would have been fine. But they didnt.

IMO if they cant keep up with orders then they need to stop taking orders until they get caught up.

quad2xtreme
04-23-2013, 08:02 AM
The first thing I learned out of college was the formula for customer satisfaction.

Customer Satisfaction = Service Delivery minus Service Expectation.

The idea is you have to make sure service delivery exceeds service expectation to have a satisfied customer (a positive result). It is up to the service provider to set service expectation. Once set, you have to hit it or you have a under satisfied customer.

edwardsp&b
04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
rbgnwa45 Are they not incredibly busy?

I ordered mine the first week of September of last year, I received them 2 days after thanksgiving......I know you have to give them time, but Dang......

edwardsp&b
04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Guess I was lucky ..... less than 2 wks to my door

BTW Ken, Your just a lucky joker!!! LOL