PDA

View Full Version : rim input

erict400
04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
hey guys, Looking for some input on rear rims. What are you running. How are they holding up. I just bent a rear rim and looking at new ones but not sure what to get. I ride mostly in the woods and it is rocky

Mtndew99
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
I've been using stock rims they have held up fine even thru the last race I did was really rocky and didn't hurt them but you will get different opinions from everyone saying every brand is good and bad but everyone will say stock rims are strongest

dxcody
04-16-2013, 07:34 PM
DWT, Hiper or stock.

DWT is probably the best beadlock right now. Hiper is right there too..

But you will be paying big money for either of those.

Honestly I would get on Craigslist and find a stock rim.

Honda has amazing stock rims.

CJM
04-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Stock or DWT. Hipers crack. Metal wheels bend.

chronicsmoke
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
I've been impressed by the baja rims I've been beating on for trail riding.. I have them coupled with Holeshot HDs and they are heavy as ****, but indestructable.

Used Bajas come around from time to time too

dougyunker
04-17-2013, 08:52 AM
I love my DWT G2 beadlocks. Yea they are an investment, but they are definitely worth it!

chronicsmoke
04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
If you go for beadlocks, you'll never have trouble changing tires again!

JOHNDOE83
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
G-Force gp seem to hold up really well.

Some people can go years without ever bending a rim, but those of us that have bent them know that sometimes a simple stump on a trail, or landing slightly crooked can ruin your day real quick.

dxcody
04-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Stock or DWT. Hipers crack. Metal wheels bend.

I honestly have never seen a Hiper crack.. And there is probably more guys that run Hiper wheels here in Indiana than DWT.

You have to be a fast hard riding dude to crack one.

I mean Chris Borich rode them for a long time and 1 race on his equals like a year of riding for a regular person lol

CJM
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
In the woods I very much doubt you will crack them, same with MX-desert is a whole nother story. Also riding in PA its entirely possible as well-lotta rocks.

Remember hipers dont bend, they crack b/c they dont have much give in the end. Can finish a race on a bent wheel-cant on a cracked one.

400man
04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by CJM
In the woods I very much doubt you will crack them, same with MX-desert is a whole nother story. Also riding in PA its entirely possible as well-lotta rocks.

Remember hipers dont bend, they crack b/c they dont have much give in the end. Can finish a race on a bent wheel-cant on a cracked one.

oh you could finish on a cracked wheel, you would just have a flat tire.

CJM
04-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 400man
oh you could finish on a cracked wheel, you would just have a flat tire.

Wont last very long at that rate lol.

quadmanw
04-18-2013, 07:30 AM
I've been beating on my bajas for about 4 years now And I've never had any problems surprisingly. Decent rim IMO

Zakradu398
04-19-2013, 07:05 AM
I got some ITP bajas on my 400. They are all still straight after a year whereas my stock rims are BEAT. Id recommend them for non beadlock in rocky conditions.

Fix29
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I run ITP t9 pro locks, which are similar to the baja's on the inside with a bead ring on the outside. Very very tough wheel and I have used them in extremely rough rocky conditions time and time again. Unfortunately they have been discontinued, I just happened to come across a great deal on Craigslist for mine. That being said, stock wheels have held up great to the abuse I have given them in the past as well.

Shawthy33
04-24-2013, 06:46 AM
DS450 X Package wheels - easy to find with all of the racers running DS450's and they are bolt up in seconds with a reinforcement ring. Look good too.

Zakradu398
04-24-2013, 06:49 AM
BEst rims to go with IMO if not the itp bajas are the Douglas champion in a box..