PDA

View Full Version : A few LT-80 questions, please help!

250rPRIDE
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
OK I just got my daughters 03 (I think) lt80 all put back together. I got it from a farmer and the entire intake, air filter, fan, clutch case, and the starter were all packed full of corn and grain.. I swear I will kill any mouse I ever see again!!!

After basically a complete tear down to go over it and remove all the crap, everything pretty much checked out and seems fine. I cleaned the carb and air filter, and then put in fresh fuel as well. This is a low hour machine, the factory tires are at least 3/4 tread.

Anyways after I put it all back together it wont run right, it idles fine, but when you gas it wide open it takes off like crazy for about 10-15 feet and then wants to die, like its running out of air or fuel. Its choking out bad. Then you have to let off and lightly feather the throttle to get it going again, if you run it really easy at 1/8" throttle slow and stead it will go all day... I put the pet cock on all 3 settings and there was no difference.

Also This is a bone stock machine, other than a uni air filter and the oil injection was removed.. what is bogging this thing down so bad?

One other question while I am on here. There was a small hose on the right side of the machine with a gold clamp on the end of it, its about a 1/8" black vent hose that runs up under the tank with the starter wire ect... and I have no clue where it connects to or its function? If someone could help me here to that would be awesome... thanks a lot

LT80
04-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Still sounds like a carb problem. Altho, Is the pipe plugged? Mice like pipes too. :D
That 1/8" line is the vent hose. It connects to the vent hole on the carb.
FYI: hole closest to motor is the vacuum port for the petcock, middle= fuel supply, front hole= vent.
Got the vac hose on the vent?

250rPRIDE
04-13-2013, 09:04 PM
It doesnt look like that vent hose will fit were the vac line is...
could that be my problem?
Also how could the mice have gotten into the pipe? They didnt go threw the carb and they would never fit in the exhaust end... or would they?
Dang I knew I shoulda took the pipe off when I had her torn down..:mad:

LT80
04-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Plugged pipes do happen, usually from oil sludge. Just thought I'd mention the pipe.
One other fella had the hoses wrong, so I threw that out there too.
It does sound like that.

250rPRIDE
04-14-2013, 12:45 PM
OH yeah!!!!!!!
Put the vacuum fuel line on the other side of the carb and the breather vent ling where the vacuum line was.. Cured the problem... I was ripping wheelies all over the yard and my daughter ran until she ran outta gas!! thanks! and today is her birthday...

LT80
04-14-2013, 03:40 PM
:D :D :D
Happy birthday to the gal. :)

250rPRIDE
04-15-2013, 05:06 PM
thanks,
heres some pics for some entertainment
the one is all the compacted corn/grain I picked outta the starter after almost a full hour, and the 2nd is what I found when I removed the clutch cover. :eek: :eek: :eek:

250rPRIDE
04-15-2013, 05:07 PM
starter junk!!!!!!!

bigE28
05-05-2013, 06:30 AM
hey pride, where you from in pa? i live near slippery rock

LT80
05-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Been to the slippery rock dunes? I think that's what it's called.
I've been by there, but didn't stop.

bigE28
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
yea, not very good tho!!!!! so, where you live? maybe we could hook up and go riding sometime!!