PDA

View Full Version : graphick kit

tjsreptiles
04-11-2013, 06:53 PM
for some reason are lt80 hates graphics on the tank this is 2x i put some on there they just get bubbles in them after a few rides the go on great no problems and stick good
there vms graphic and i got them on othere bikes too with no problems
anyone else have this problem
does gas seap through the plastic???? i no sounds stupied but i cant think of anything else why would they get bubbles after a few rides
thanks

LT80
04-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Expansion and contraction.

250rPRIDE
04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by tjsreptiles
for some reason are lt80 hates graphics on the tank this is 2x i put some on there they just get bubbles in them after a few rides the go on great no problems and stick good
there vms graphic and i got them on othere bikes too with no problems
anyone else have this problem
does gas seap through the plastic???? i no sounds stupied but i cant think of anything else why would they get bubbles after a few rides
thanks

That is exactly way it happens, at least that what my dealer said. I have known this guy well for 15+ years, he knows his stuff and hes cool with me. He said the Suzuki rep actually told him that the plastic tank DOES allow fuel to slightly seep threw it and causes the damage to the decals. And they were aware of the problem for years and years, and never designed a type of tank shroud to eliminate the issue. Old XR's use to have this issue as well, but HONDA was smart enough to fix it after a short time :D