PDA

View Full Version : My riding buddy took a beater

Dune Surfer
03-16-2003, 10:00 AM
We were out riding Glamis this weekend with some friends, My one freind Fernando was riding like a bat out of he**. Flying into the dunes going pretty fast (OK I was to but only when I could see him make it) He has only been riding about a year and has no fear ( or common sense ) He broke his clavicle last year and was out for four months.
Another friend and I were taking a break and talking about how aggresive he was riding and saying he should slow down before he gets hurt, sure enough five min. later here they come with his quad all banged up. He flew down into a dune blind, got about twenty feet didn't clear a bump bounced his rear off the bump, flipped, dove off his quad, did a face plant and hurt his leg.
I hope he is OK.
The moral of this story is work your way up tp the big-crazy stuff, practice smaller stuff first and move up slowly.

Anyway here is a pic of him jumping from last week.

AtvMxRider
03-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Hope he's ok.

CHAUNCY
03-16-2003, 12:50 PM
sounds like it hurt. I hope he is OK.

tryken
03-16-2003, 01:35 PM
whats the yellow thing that looks like it is sticking out of the left front suspension? Looks like the end of a coil wire on a 400 EX.

own2424
03-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by tryken
whats the yellow thing that looks like it is sticking out of the left front suspension? Looks like the end of a coil wire on a 400 EX. I think its a LOCK to lock up his quad when hes sleeping I guess, because there are bike theives at GLamis!

CHAUNCY
03-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by own2424
I think its a LOCK to lock up his quad when hes sleeping I guess, because there are bike theives at GLamis!

Yeah, alot throughout Cali. My neighbor got his 01 rm125 dirtbike stolen about 2 months ago. I guess its all states though, not just Cali.

Str8Wicked
03-17-2003, 05:33 AM
Dune Surfer... I got friends like that too that just have no fear what so ever which is great but they do some pretty stupid stuff some times.... The guys we were riding with last time are very fast aggressive riders when they want to be but have been riding Glamis since they were kids and no exactly how to predict the other side of the dune... They surprise me sometimes with there prediction... Those fuccers are always right... lol

Hope the guys alright...

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 06:16 AM
I hope your bud is ok..:( IS he coming up to Idaho with you this summer?I agree, you work your way up to the nutty stuff,in my case Ill just sit and watch:p , doesnt hurt as much that way...:D

03-17-2003, 06:59 AM
in my case Ill just sit and watch , doesnt hurt as much that way..

Cool I would have someone to talk to ;) :rolleyes:

trueblue450
03-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
We were out riding Glamis this weekend with some friends, My one freind Fernando was riding like a bat out of he**. Flying into the dunes going pretty fast (OK I was to but only when I could see him make it) He has only been riding about a year and has no fear ( or common sense ) He broke his clavicle last year and was out for four months.
Another friend and I were taking a break and talking about how aggresive he was riding and saying he should slow down before he gets hurt, sure enough five min. later here they come with his quad all banged up. He flew down into a dune blind, got about twenty feet didn't clear a bump bounced his rear off the bump, flipped, dove off his quad, did a face plant and hurt his leg.
I hope he is OK.
The moral of this story is work your way up tp the big-crazy stuff, practice smaller stuff first and move up slowly.

Anyway here is a pic of hime jumping from last week.

I've seen that pic before. Its old isnt it.

Dune Surfer
03-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Yea the pic is from last trip, and the yellow thing is a lock, sometimes we go to boardmanville for a beverage and lock the bikes together.
Quadjunkies, I'm hoping he will come to Idaho, He mine as well he works for me and will have the time off anyway.;) It's looking pretty good fot the Idaho trip, my wife is OK with it, She is going back east to visit her sister the same time.
Str8wicked, missed you dude, we had some great riding:D , Thats OK we will be heading to Cantomar and Pismo this summer.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Not to change the subject.. I was wondering where you were planning a trip in Idaho and when it was.. We were thinking of ST Anthony dunes this year but we have not made up our minds yet :p

dirtmomma
03-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I hope your bud is ok..:( IS he coming up to Idaho with you this summer?I agree, you work your way up to the nutty stuff,in my case Ill just sit and watch:p , doesnt hurt as much that way...:D My thoughts EXACTLY QJ!!!!!!

Str8Wicked
03-18-2003, 04:34 AM
Idaho.. how long of a trip.. when you planning... may be interested...

QuadJunkies
03-18-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
Idaho.. how long of a trip.. when you planning... may be interested... The trip is set for July 10-14. Im thinking for you maybe around a 14 hour drive,YOu might get with Dune Surfer and maybe you could ride up together:)

Str8Wicked
03-18-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
The trip is set for July 10-14. Im thinking for you maybe around a 14 hour drive,YOu might get with Dune Surfer and maybe you could ride up together:)

Hey what else is out there.. If i roll I'll probably take a week off and make it a family vacation ad get some sights in....

QuadJunkies
03-18-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
Hey what else is out there.. If i roll I'll probably take a week off and make it a family vacation ad get some sights in.... WEll, Yellowstone park is near by, you can even see the Teton Mnts. from on top of Choke Cherry:):):)