PDA

View Full Version : GBC Tires

quadmanw
04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
What ever happened to the GBC X REX tires and such? I know a bunch guys on here were buying them for about $240 last year.. I was just on their website and theyre about $110 for a rear and $60 for a front! They renamed them the XC Master now instead of X REX. I think the new prices are ridiculous.. just like every other part for quads

KKiowaTJ
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
I go mine from this link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321087869137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

I havnt mounted them until my ITP's are shot, But look good. There was a petty trademark with the name so they had to change it. But the ones i have, Have the Xrex on the tire etc.

Id say $290 to the door for a set of tires is fair from the reviews of traction and life. I could be wrong as i havnt run them, But from the past tires and look/feel, I dont think i got hurt for the price. The other cheap options didnt look as good or sound good except cheap. To each their own, Good luck

CJM
04-08-2013, 09:11 PM
They always were about that price, its 83/rear ea and 60/front ea. Compare that to a razr2 and its cheap. RMATV has razr2 front for 99 and rears are 128.

quadmanw
04-08-2013, 09:24 PM
At one point these tires were $240 shipped. That was a great price. $290 isn't too bad compared to the razr 2. I dno maybe I was just ranting about high prices now a days. Let me know how you like the GBC's, kkiowa

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Damn thats cheap!! lmao. I bought Ballance radials all the way around on my 450 and i forget the total price but was a lot more than that!

That said...iwouldn't run any other tire now. You get what you pay for and those radials are worth it, best ride and traction i've ever had on a sport quad and i swore by holeshot GNCC's for a long time.

Was wondering also....anyone ever run the Holeshot SR's? Supposed to be their radial version.

ben300
04-09-2013, 04:31 AM
http://www.atvtirestore.com/gbc-xc-master-atv-tires.html

$67.70 for a 20x11-9 XC-master... Pretty good price if you ask me.

Lot of guys, on the QZone forum swear by the xrex/XC master front and race-Rex/XC racer rear combination. Next time I buy tires it's gonna be the XC master's probably

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 05:12 AM
How are these gbcs made? What i mean is are they 6 ply? What is the tread rubber like? Is it overly hard just to get good wear life? Or is it softer for traction? Those two areas are my gripes with almost every "knock off" tire. For instance the bighorn and the itp bajacross knockoffs are garbage. Yall say the gbcs are not like that?

CJM
04-09-2013, 05:20 AM
They are made by cheng shin tire, CST makes the maxxis razr tires as well. Same tires.

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Yea ok but what are the.xrex's made like? If its got
tread like blocks of iron i wouldnt even consider them no matter the price. I just mentioned those two knockoff tires as examples.

ben300
04-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
Yea ok but what are the.xrex's made like? If its got
tread like blocks of iron i wouldnt even consider them no matter the price. I just mentioned those two knockoff tires as examples.

its essentially the same exact tire as the Razr 2's. they changed the tread pattern slightly between the rex and the master, but it stil is just a cheaper razr2.

its not a bad tire at all. lots of guys run the rex/master's or a rex/master front with a race rex/xc racer rear combo. just look them up online.

Johnny Gallagher, kevin yoho, and jeff pickens all run the tire. Johnny G raced himself to a third overal spot at the georgia GNCC this year at 35 years young, so they cant be that bad of a tire ;)

ben300
04-09-2013, 08:57 AM
http://www.atvmaniacstore.com/category/3703/xc-master-gbc-atv-tires

$67.70 for 20" rears and $57.71 for 22" fronts! thats a screaming deal!

quadmanw
04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Wow that is a good deal. I'm gonna have to act on that

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Yea i know what they look like but was specifically asking what kind of rubber the.tread is. Basically asking someone thats had them and then say..ballance radials, or holeshot gnccs for.comparison. If that rubber is hard as a rock its garbage.

ben300
04-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Yea i know what they look like but was specifically asking what kind of rubber the.tread is. Basically asking someone thats had them and then say..ballance radials, or holeshot gnccs for.comparison. If that rubber is hard as a rock its garbage.

theyre not hard as rock. they feel, to the hand, exactly the same as a razr2 , which in my opionon are slightly harder ...maybe not the correct term, durable, than the hole**** gncc's or the ballance radials....they are similar in feel to my kutter xc rears as well..

ive never ran them, but if i could do it again, id get either the xrex/xcmasters or a set of the kenda kutter XCII's...

for $67.70, you cant beat that for the same performance as razr2

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Alright cool. Thats the point i was getting at. Ever try those Artrax sport tires? They have the same look and i believe are even cheaper, im thinking like 45-50$ for a rear.

ben300
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Alright cool. Thats the point i was getting at. Ever try those Artrax sport tires? They have the same look and i believe are even cheaper, im thinking like 45-50$ for a rear.

me, personally? no...i do know someone that ran them all last season (all AWRCS's, all PAXC's and select gncc's) and he had good results with them....he had and unmounted brand new one, and i got to handle it and the lugs arent hard, but the side wall on those are ridiculously hard. that would make me shine away from them....might have good puncture resistence, but i dunno

KKiowaTJ
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
When i ordered mine i asked the same question as i can ride my quad around town to stores etc and dont want them to melt off.

I was told they are a medium rubber compound that gives both grip and life, Selling point maybe? But he said he had no returns or blems out of all the sets he sold and some pro's choose to run these over high dollar tires.

But the carcus is a maxxis 6ply. They use the same mold castings for the Xrex/masters as they do the razarII's but change up the tread blocks.

It could be true or just BS to get me to buy them, But from all the reading and reviews, Id say i was told the truth.

Zakradu398
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
They wear out about twice as fast as a razr, so you are spending just as much money...

KKiowaTJ
04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
They wear out about twice as fast as a razr, so you are spending just as much money...

This is the only comment i have read that had somthing bad about them. A butt hurt razrII owner that over paid for the same thing?

I highly doubt ill be buying two sets to one set of maxxis.

ben300
04-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
This is the only comment i have read that had somthing bad about them. A butt hurt razrII owner that over paid for the same thing?

i havent reallly heard anything negative about them either...only thing that ive heard is that they are hard to get to slide because they get so much bite.

now the race rex (not the xc racer) i have heard lots about how you HAVE to run flat prevention with them (tire balls/headstrom balls/wally balls) because they have a week side wall

Zakradu398
04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ

Lol... I have them on my quad now. Sorry you only wanna hear the good things about them.

CJM
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Lol... I have them on my quad now. Sorry you only wanna hear the good things about them.

Did ya have razrs before?

Zakradu398
04-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Did ya have razrs before?

Yup. Have had Gbc x rex. Holeshot Xcs, xcrs (I think thats them), Razr and razr 2 rears.

KKiowaTJ
04-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Not at all, Just never read a post or review like that until now.

If thats the case, Im pretty sure ill be happy with them. Im running GNCC rears and mx6r fronts and they are soft as **** and have held up great IMO and im still running them.

Zakradu398
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Keep in mind I ride slate dumps. Probably the worst possible thing on tires besides hot lava..