PDA

View Full Version : clutch pulls hard

JACK STRAW
04-08-2013, 08:30 PM
the '08 clutch is starting to pull noticibly harder. with 2 fingers on the cable it moves in & out easily when it is unhooked from the motor. it does have asv levers on it and another kid that comes around has a stiff pull also and he has oem levers. it almost pulls as hard as a rear brake on a 3 wheeler. thanks

CJM
04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Clutch cables worn out. Could try lubing it, but I doubt it.

Pittsburgh400ex
04-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Clutch cables worn out. Could try lubing it, but I doubt it.

Yea he is probably right. Mine would get real tight just before it broke. I seem to get more life out of a little longer cable. If you can, use a 300ex clutch cable and cut it and recrimp the ball end on. Leaves alot of room for routing. Was necessary with my houser stem and sparks header.

JACK STRAW
04-09-2013, 07:56 PM
if i unhook the cable from both ends it moves back and forth very easy with no restriction or frays in the wire. could it be stretching?

CJM
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Possible. Maybe you could try lubing the lever?

Thumpin440ex
04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Give it a shot of lube like stated, also be sure to see how close it is to the header pipe. I took some stainless braided line, slid the entire cable through it for a heat shield. No more hard pulls, ever.

John

JACK STRAW
04-15-2013, 08:42 PM
I unhooked the cable at both ends and it moved in and out very easy but still pulled hard so I decided to spray silicon spray in the cable until it came out the bottom. Hooked it back up and now it is very easy. I did the same thing on the neighbor kids '04 and it took care of that one also