PDA

View Full Version : Stock Replacement Clutch Lever?

BIGTEX400EX
04-07-2013, 09:28 AM
I have been searching all morning to no avail, is there a direct replacement "ez pull" clutch lever that uses the stock perch? I am not interested in changing out the stock perch. Nephews ride my bike at times and I don't want them starting it in gear, running over each other or up the wall in my garage.

Stickman400
04-07-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't believe there is, but if the only reason you don't want to get rid of the stock perch for an aftermarket one is just because of the start in gear feature you can keep it after you remove the stock perch. Just take the 2 wires and tape them off seperate from each other and you will ALWAYS have to be in neutral for it to be able to start. That's the way I had mine wired until I got tired of it and wired them together.

BIGTEX400EX
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Stickmam - thanks

Are there any perches available that retain the ability to start in gear?

Stickman400
04-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't think there is, atlest I haven't seen any. I think a couple guys drilled a hole in an aftermarket perch and rigged up the switch to it. Thats about the closest you're gunna get.

cheater13
04-08-2013, 07:17 AM
This might be a dumb reply, but what happens if you wire the two wires together that you unhook when you take off your stock lever?

I got a shorty lever for 20 bucks and just ziptied them two wires to my bars for now. I hate not being able to start in gear.

quadmanw
04-08-2013, 08:11 AM
When you wire the two together you can start the quad in gear instead of just neutral.

JOHNDOE83
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Clutch perch mod is cool.

unfortunatly the last time i was at the drag strip i went to start my ex and nearly ran over a hot 21 year blonde.

I made sure for the rest of the night it was in neutral and even held the clutch when starting just to be sure.

BIGTEX400EX
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
John - your story is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Thanks for all the replies. I would like to run a "shorty" style, something contoured like an ASV lever. I will have to find some way to test a number of levers on my stock perch?