PDA

View Full Version : Need help splicing a condensor on ER

crewworrior
04-06-2013, 09:13 AM
I've converted my Er to a r removing the batt and starter, but now when I fire it up the temp light is really dim, so I think I need to wire in a condensor to run the lights and possibly the fan. I've searched here but I need a positive answer on how to wire a condensor up, I don't want to hack a bunch of wires before I get it right, so any positive info and maybe a pic would be great. Thanks

DnB_racing
04-06-2013, 12:34 PM
ya you should add a condenser anyways even if not running lights if your still using the +06 cdi for the low voltage side of the cdi to receive a better signal(more longevity) for the cdi

without the condenser in line the signal is very erratic and can cause premature cdi failure

but check the link I have in the other post and you will get your info

by the way how did you do your conversion, do you have a schematic that you followed if so please share im curious how others do there's

this link to my schematics and shows the condenser wiring

check page 5- last pic on page, this is the most reliable way I've found to do a conversion with a fan (or lights) still hooked up, with this wiring configuration I've had NO issue,

without the condenser its been less then perfect but still a few running this without any problems yet, but I recommend any +06er cdi without battery to use a condenser for all applications

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461586

DnB_racing
04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
FYI im not sure if you've purchased the dynatech yet.

but for my money, unless you spend at least few hundred to get a programmable type your better off with OEM, and still it needs the right map to be programed and loaded

I've never owned a dynatech so this is strictly hearsay but I haven't heard too many stories of actual gains in any horsepower on a dyno test,

but have heard of reliability and top end performance issues, I would spend my money on other performance mods before a dynatech, but if its too late

do you have a install instructions for the dynatech explaining the single wire connector?

crewworrior
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I actually don't have the instructions, I traded my stock one for it a couple years ago, its been really reliable, easier starting, no problems at all. Here's a pic of the eBay listing for it but that's about all the info I have on it.