PDA

View Full Version : Trevorton Sunday 4/14/13

OldGuyonaQuad
04-05-2013, 05:40 PM
We are heading up for our first ride of the year and it will serve as our pre Hatfield McCoy ride.

Post up or pm me for contact info and meeting spots. We will be checking out the whale Back, coal mines, air shafts and the coal hills.

Zeo88
04-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I'll be going down. Bringing the wife so little slower riding for me but will still be fun none the less. She has a 11' 250x so little slower then us.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Pete,
That's so cool that your wife rides with you. We don't ride all that wild anyway so keeping up shouldn't be an issue. I will confirm everything later this week but for now plan on meeting us at the same Sunoco around 9:30 am.

Thumpin440ex
04-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I have heard that there is people patrolling that place now, is a hassle to ride? Been a while since I have been, too long of a drive for 1 day. Need to do a weekend trip some where.

John

OldGuyonaQuad
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
John,
To the best of my knowledge the only patrolling there is @ the parking lot and some times over at the coal hills. I heard if you ride from Hazelton to Trevorton that you might get stopped crossing roads or riding the tracks but I have never seen anyone questioned on the trails @ Trevorton.

We are getting a permit for the motor home anyway so we can park it on their lot. We will be doing at least two weekend trips up there later this spring, I will post up in advance in the event that you would like to join us.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Great ride today for first ride of the year. Had A great time riding with you and the Mrs Pete, she can come along any time. Great tune up for WV and man am I sore.

Zeo88
04-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Haha had a great time. Can't believe the amount of trees they cut down.

The Mrs. Had a blast too. She's already planning our next trip there, even though she woke up sore as hell.

2 1/2 weeks till Hatfield/McCoy can't wait.

own2424
05-13-2013, 01:33 PM
when is the next trevorton ride?

OldGuyonaQuad
05-13-2013, 03:50 PM
I was thinking about two Sunday's after Memorial Day maybe Sunday 6/15/13. I could even do the Sunday prior on 6/8. Let me know if anyone's interested and which dates work best.

CJM
05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Might give it a shot if the 450 is finished, wont know till later tho. Breaking down the 450 in approx 2-3 weeks.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Might give it a shot if the 450 is finished, wont know till later tho. Breaking down the 450 in approx 2-3 weeks.

that's good to hear buddy, I will check back in a week or two and see how you are making out.

CJM
05-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Got all my parts, bad news is the head is being sent out for about 2 weeks turn around time at most and my motor guy whose gonna give me a hand is out of town for ten days :(

If I havent broken it down by the time we go Ill probably head out for the day. So we shall see. Deff doing the hatfield trip either end of summer or sept/october

JACK STRAW
05-23-2013, 08:04 PM
what type of riding is Trevorton like?does it offer big hill climbing or wooded trails or gravel pits? do you have to look over your shoulder all the time for cops? thanks

Zeo88
05-23-2013, 08:32 PM
what type of riding is Trevorton like?does it offer big hill climbing or wooded trails or gravel pits? do you have to look over your shoulder all the time for cops? thanks

yes to all but the cop part.

CJM
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
its basically woods/trails, gravel, open pits, etc. I will say investing in a dust mask is well worth it, the coal dust is worse than sand imho.

JACK STRAW
05-24-2013, 06:44 PM
do you have to get them registered and insured? do you have to get a permit to ride there?

CJM
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
do you have to get them registered and insured? do you have to get a permit to ride there?

Not that I know of. I went once to treverton with tom (oldguyonatv) and found it pretty dang fun besides the fact it was dry and DUSTY and I also went once to hazelton with tom and some others. We didnt have any issues except for being in hazelton and got stupid parking tickets by a cop out of his jurisdiction it seemed. No issues at all in treverton.

Its an interesting area really, loads of trails, pits, huge hill climbs, etc.

FWIW my stuff is reg/ins, but its tough to get reg in NJ. I actually had official bills of sales made up and notarized and took 3 different dmvs (they seem to make up or not know the rules well) to do my 450.

JACK STRAW
05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
we would like to check it out . how far from the walt whitman or del memorial bridges?

OldGuyonaQuad
05-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Jack I live just outside of Phila in south Jersey. It's 2 hours 45 minutes but figure around 3 hours with a pit stop. They do sell permits for $125 a year per per person and it covers all of their registered vehicles. Dirt bikes only require Insurance. Each person is supposed to have a permit but really you just need one for the window of the parked vehicle if you choose to use their parking lot & I read in another forum where one permit owner made copies on green paper for his quests. I was lucky enough to hook up with Punk Rock Keil (here on these forums)and his friends who showed me where to park and all of the land marks. I have been there over a dozen times and have never been stopped or asked for documents. If you park in their lots you do run the risk of being ticketed and or towed. I would be down for a ride next Sunday if the guys can make it. Marc is the 450 ready to go? Pete you down? Anyone heard from Lonnie? He should be a daddy by now! I still need to d/l the videos from H/Mccoy..maybe later today.

OldGuyonaQuad
05-29-2013, 08:13 AM
ok guessing not this weekend?

CJM
05-29-2013, 08:21 AM
450 is currently delayed Tom, its getting tore down in the next week and I dont really trust it that far from home (you might wind up towing me back and that would stink!)

JACK STRAW
05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
lot going on right now. sorry not this weekend. the next 3 weekends are possible but unfortunatly i don't know until later in the week. i run a shop for a paving company and have to be availble because they are paving both saturday and sunday for the next 3 weeks which sucks.please let me know the next time you go.
thanks
John

OldGuyonaQuad
05-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Maybe 6/16 or 6/23 I will post something in a week or two to take temps.

CJM
05-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Well the good news is probably 6/23 if anything b/c I will be breaking downt he 450 int he next week, sending the head off and putting it back together.

OldGuyonaQuad
06-01-2013, 06:40 AM
So I'm guessing you are going to tackle the big hills with that bad *** newly rebuilt 450? Gopro will be on ;)

CJM
06-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Ya know Tom, ever since I had that spill I dont do nearly the crazy stuff I used to. Not sure exactly what happened to me, but I just dont have any desire to do that stuff much anymore.

Course if you do one, Ill follow you up. Monkey see monkey do :)