PDA

View Full Version : "Oh $#!T" (no brakes)

KP's lil'300
03-16-2003, 06:16 AM
howdy,
I have almost no rear brakes. I can push the lever down 7/8 of the way then I have some pressure. I have already blead the brakes, and cleaned the pads (still has pads left) and cleaned around them. So, what could it be? Thanks in advance Kaysen

NTPRacing#19
03-16-2003, 11:05 AM
maybe your rotor is worn out. your rotor is thin

KP's lil'300
03-16-2003, 01:16 PM
no the rotors are still good too, I cant figure it out. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Kaysen

toby400ex
03-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Possibly there is a leak, or you just havent got the air out yet. Or maybe your caliper needs a rebuild, or your master cylinder needs a rebuild, they usually take a long time to build pressure.

ridesa02400EX
03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
just use your front brakes they are 70 percent of your stopping power

KP's lil'300
03-17-2003, 04:39 PM
thanks guys, 1 day down the drain, a tank full of gas, and $35 bucks later, 75% done. thanks Kaysen

"BLAHH"300!!
03-17-2003, 10:09 PM
..i don't have any rear brakes either.
no rotar, no lines, no leaver, not tihs it's all lying in my shop.
(a block off plate would fix it)
doesn't bother me, i'm so used to using the front's that i'd prolly forget i had a a foot pedal if it were there.

honda_250x_87
03-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
..i don't have any rear brakes either.
no rotar, no lines, no leaver, not tihs it's all lying in my shop.
(a block off plate would fix it)
doesn't bother me, i'm so used to using the front's that i'd prolly forget i had a a foot pedal if it were there.

hey man! can i join? haha i got no rear brakes either! lol.. i got all the ****.. but the pads are screwed, & i gotta leak somewhere.. not on the brake like, by the caliper somewhere.. i dunno whats wrong..they usta work, & then they just quit workin all together! i was told i need a "rear brake rebuil kit" whatever that is.. anyone know whats wrong?

"BLAHH"300!!
03-18-2003, 04:37 PM
anisiation (sp) starts next week
..you'll need to hit top speed towards a stone wall and get the quad to stop before you blow up.

and yeah thats what mines doin.
i bought mine with the brakes off, all the peices were in a box and was told they worked. i installed em' one day, built up pressure, and the calipers do work, but where the parking brake goes there's a leak. i could buy a block off plate, and an o-ring and that would prolly fix it. that or some j.b weld and a plate.
brakes are the least of my worries right now....why bother stopping a machine that won't top out without leaking oil every where.

is this where your leak is?...might be a quick fix for you too.

blood red
03-18-2003, 06:04 PM
70% front brakes, 30% rear brakes. Learned that from a PRO. (Hey, it actually works better.:p )

05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
I have no bacl brakes now wither, im thinking of taking everything off, from the rotor to the reservoir :). I think i need a new master cylinder but that $60 could go somewhere better than brakes. :)

TRX_Thumper
05-06-2003, 01:26 PM
blah 300 you dont need a parking break block off for your brakes to work....fluid should never get anywhere near the block off place...that o ring is there to keep dust out not oil from escaping...the 2 seals inside your caliper needs replaced there like 3 bucks apiece from honda very simple job and you can have brakes again

400grl
05-07-2003, 01:35 PM
I've heard that dirt can get built up in your rear caliper and make your brakes pretty much useless......have you cleaned out every nook and cranny in there?

And can I join the no rear brake club? I just noticed I have no pads left, and almost no metal left, either. My rotor needs a little TLC......;)

05-07-2003, 02:13 PM
. I think i need a new master cylinder but that $60 could go somewhere better than brakes.
...you only need brakes sometimes :macho