PDA

View Full Version : linkage questions JB/ houser

blacknblue#2
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey guys im posting this for a buddy of mine. He has been running a Houser swingarm on his 06 for a couple years. the houser swingrarm come off an 05 and was a +1 on the 05. Houser linkage with a Fox podium rear shock. he cracked the houser and bought a JB +1 off an 05. Now he is having linkage troubles. I have not seen this in person just know what he has told me over the phone. The +1 JB will work with a GTT linkage and shock from an 06 that he had laying around but he says the houser linkage and fox rear shock dont come close to working. What linkages is he gonna need to run the JB swingarm with his fox.

Lquad71
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Have the shock revalved for his specific setup. The shocks need to be setup for the geometry they will be working with.

blacknblue#2
04-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I understand that but to my knowledge the valving aint going to change the length of the shock. He is acting like the setup does not have full motion like it should even with the shock not even installed.

D Bergstrom
04-03-2013, 01:26 PM
So what is the linkage hitting as it goes through the travel? Has your friend compared the two swingarms to see what is different? Shouldn't be a geometry issue, since both linkage holes should be in the same spot relative to the pivot and axle, IF both are indeed 04/05 swingarms. I know the Houser swingarm can be used with both the stock linkage or their linkage and my guess is the JB swingarm can be used with there swingarm also. (Does JB offer their own swingarm with a matching linkage? Maybe the swingarm your friend has is not for a stock linkage type setup?) Maybe since the Houser is designed to use their linkage they have extra clearance built in to the swingarm to clear thier linkage?

As far as what linkage can be used with the JB swingarm and Shock from the Houser linkage, who knows. Shocks specs can vary greatly based on linkage choice.

Doug

Balaz_73*00
04-03-2013, 03:18 PM
My vote is he probably installed the short linkage upside down.

ohioEX
04-03-2013, 07:31 PM
The HOUSER swing arm has a lot more room for the linage to move towards the rear of the quad than other swing arms. The linkage is most likely hitting the cross tube the linkage mounting tabs are welded to on the JB swing arm.

Smoker
04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by ohioEX
The HOUSER swing arm has a lot more room for the linage to move towards the rear of the quad than other swing arms. The linkage is most likely hitting the cross tube the linkage mounting tabs are welded to on the JB swing arm.

That's it exactly. Look at pictures on the two swingarms. The houser has clearance all the way back from the linkage mount to the reinforcement on the bearing carrier mount. The JB is more like a traditional TRX swing arm and has a crosstube to support the mount and a space behind the support and the bearing carrier mount. The jb superlink is longer and runs a longer shock but hangs a little lower to clear it.