PDA

View Full Version : 06 450er Exhaust - Decisions, decisions

Rohr397
04-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Well I've been building my quad entirely on a budget, basically I've just got my tires and rims and handlebars, the rest is stock and I REALLY miss having an aftermarket exhaust cause I hate the stock sound, the look of the stock pipe, and I do enjoy the tad extra low end power and grunt. But like I said, budget, not a lot of money to put towards power upgrades, so the exhaust isn't gonna be anything special.

What I'm curious about is if I should spend the extra $40 for a Motoworks SR4, or if I can save that $40 for other things and just get a Lexx MXE, I like the tunability of them, the ease of packing and the cost, but I've never seen one in person, I don't know how good the power gains are and I don't know how good the quality is.

A second option would be to look for a used exhaust for about $150 (haven't seen any around there on eBay, at least no good ones), I'm hoping I can find an older Dr.D SS, hopefully with the spark arrestor still, or possibly something else nice, I just love the sound of the Dr.D SS. So if anyone knows where to find one, or maybe has one worth looking at, let me know.

So yeah, Motoworks, Lexx, or a nice used exhaust?

d3ktrix
04-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Buy used for sure.
I got a Sparks on here for $300 shipped and it basically brand new. I think the guy had 1 ride on it.

Later on a bought a Dasa Classic for $330, just ended up needing a new core/packing.

jkosakowski
04-03-2013, 07:07 AM
I have always used Moto works on my 400 and 450 and my brothers 450. For the price you cant beat the sound and power and quality.

Lquad71
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I have a brand new in box yoshi for an 06. I havent even opened it up. If you want it send me a txt. 951.534.4317
Its an rs-2 stainless/aluminum full system

XC_Racer_129
04-04-2013, 10:05 AM
I have the motoworks on my 450, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think they sound great, are the right price, and they aren't stupidly loud. Can't beat them for the money. I have an HMF on my 400, and I don't ride it much because of how loud it is compared the the Motoworks. I guess I'm just getting old. I think HMF still has the best sound, at least for 400's.

A buddy of mine just bought a Lexx for his 400ex, and I was surprised about the quality. I can't say how durable they are, but they seem to be built well. They are also loud.

Pittsburgh400ex
04-08-2013, 10:26 AM
I just put my dasa on and love it so far. The old exhaust was a white.bros. If you pay shipping i will just give you the WB system. Needs repacked. Comes with head and midpipe. Its not a bad exhaust, i just wanted a dasa.

Fwiw...had sparks on my 426 and loved it too. Cant go wrong with it if you find a used one.

Shipping would be from zipcode 15717 in PA

Rohr397
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I actually just bought a WB Aluminum Pro full exhaust over the weekend, but thank you for the offer. I suppose this thread is kinda useless now...

Pittsburgh400ex
04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Nice man. I just.now realized you have an 06. Mine is for 04-05 so wouldnt have fit anyway.