PDA

View Full Version : 99 yamaha 125

Honda4life05
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey guys I'm wanting some help finding out what this bike is worth, its a 1999 yamaha 125 2 stroke. I don't know much about bikes, im a quad guy. The bike is in good shape for its age but the kickstart spring only springs the lever half way up after kicking. It also leaks oil out of the powervalve overflow and possibly the sprocket/shifter shaft seal. The guy said that it hasnt been rebuilt in quite awhiule so itmay need it soon. I rode it and It runs well right now. The good is it has a brand new back tire. I just want a bike to play around on and lookin for something cheap. what would you pay??

trailrider894
04-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
Hey guys I'm wanting some help finding out what this bike is worth, its a 1999 yamaha 125 2 stroke. I don't know much about bikes, im a quad guy. The bike is in good shape for its age but the kickstart spring only springs the lever half way up after kicking. It also leaks oil out of the powervalve overflow and possibly the sprocket/shifter shaft seal. The guy said that it hasnt been rebuilt in quite awhiule so itmay need it soon. I rode it and It runs well right now. The good is it has a brand new back tire. I just want a bike to play around on and lookin for something cheap. what would you pay??

4-500 maybe?? Truth is... its old, its tired and it probably needs rebuilt from top to bottom. We would need full pics to really tell, but it sure isn't worth much more than pocket change.

Honda4life05
04-04-2013, 05:38 AM
I ended up passing on the deal, he. Just wanted way to much. What is a good average 125 going for these days? Also same with a 250f? I just started looking around an they seem just as much money as a quad. I'm just looking for a cheap full size bike to play around on

Zakradu398
04-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Basically any year 125 can be had for under $1500 here and this is for a mint one.

BlasterEaten250
04-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I had a hard time getting 1350 for my 2003 yz125 that was absolutely mint. You can get a nice bike for less than you think, might be harder this time of the year though.

JOHNDOE83
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
3 years ago I bought a 98 cr250r in perfect running condition for $500.

The motor still runs to this day, the bike had bad wheel/swinger bearings but everything worked.

I used the motor for my hybrid.

Anyway, it sux that they go for so cheap, it only sux for the seller tho, the buyer is happy:D

Honda4life05
04-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Yea I should have planned ahead an kept an eye out during winter to get one cheap. I've been looking for a few weeks now an everyone wants way to much since its riding season. But who knows ill keep an eye on craigslist n see what happens