PDA

View Full Version : your opnions on dif tires for the predator...

QuadJunkies
03-16-2003, 05:51 AM
Well the rarzs that come with the predator totally suck in sand, they dig too much... But yet this sand is too rough here for a paddle,can someone reccomend a good rear tire???

bigbadbrad
03-16-2003, 12:37 PM
maybe razr 2 or holeshots or maybe even stock 400ex rear tires.

remlapr
03-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Well the rarzs that come with the predator totally suck in sand, they dig too much... But yet this sand is too rough here for a paddle,can someone reccomend a good rear tire???

Doesn't it come with orig razr's like you were running on the 300? Is the extra power of the preditor just too much for them in the sand?. You could go to something like a sur-trak or realator...

AtvMxRider
03-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Doesn't it come with orig razr's like you were running on the 300? Is the extra power of the preditor just too much for them in the sand?. You could go to something like a sur-trak or realator...

Realtor would be a good tire.

Guy400
03-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Realtor would be a good tire. He beat me to it :)

Chef
03-16-2003, 01:27 PM
If you are trying to keep it light, find some stock 400 rear tires.....

QuadJunkies
03-16-2003, 06:35 PM
Doesn't it come with orig razr's like you were running on the 300? Is the extra power of the preditor just too much for them in the sand?. You could go to something like a sur-trak or realator... The Razrs just dig too much, even on my 300ex hey tend to dig, but are fun to slide in, but for climbing.they totally suck in sand:(...

QuadJunkies
03-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
He beat me to it :) They aonly come in a 12 inch though right? isnt that pretty wide of a tire? I was thinking of this tire or a 400ex tire...

killed300ex
03-16-2003, 11:53 PM
yes they only come in 22x12 but they are a really good tire heavy but the pred should be able to oull then noproblem and you will be able to go anywere with them i would highly recommend these tires or itp spider tracs
killed

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by killed300ex
yes they only come in 22x12 but they are a really good tire heavy but the pred should be able to oull then noproblem and you will be able to go anywere with them i would highly recommend these tires or itp spider tracs
killed Thanks..OH, Im sure th3e predator will pull em alright, but it just seemed to be a pretty big tire,even bigger than my baloon tires were on my 300ex:o .I dont think Ive ever seen the spider traks before.

remlapr
03-17-2003, 02:10 AM
The Razrs just dig too much, even on my 300ex hey tend to dig, but are fun to slide in, but for climbing.they totally suck in sand:(...

Hey QJ - What size razrs were you running on your 300? Did you check out the sur-traks?

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Hey QJ - What size razrs were you running on your 300? Did you check out the sur-traks? I was running 20 inch razrs on mine. I loved my razrs...NO, well, I dont think Ive seen the sur traks.. I looked in Rocky mnt atv catalog yesterday at tires, and they really didnt have too many pics of tires in there,got a pic for me to see them?:) I know ive seen the tire, I just cant picture what it looks like ...

remlapr
03-17-2003, 02:35 AM
Sure - it's a Maxxis tire:

www.Maxxis.com

Can't post you a link directly to it - but just go ATV, then they actually have it under utility:huh It look like they are also only a 22"

dirtmomma
03-17-2003, 03:53 AM
Hey QJ when did ya p/u the Pred????? I guess I don't pay very good attention LOL Are YOU going to race it flat track :eek2: How do you like it besides it not doing to good in the sand?? Right on sounds like you made it to the sand this weekend did ya have a good time??

Guy400
03-17-2003, 04:08 AM
Tina, here are some pics of the Sur-Traks, Spider Tracs and Realtors (in that order). I prefer the the Realtors because they can be run in reverse for different terrain.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey QJ when did ya p/u the Pred????? I guess I don't pay very good attention LOL Are YOU going to race it flat track :eek2: How do you like it besides it not doing to good in the sand?? Right on sounds like you made it to the sand this weekend did ya have a good time?? actually this ride is for the ole man,I will share it alot im sure, I have the 400ex now ,shich used to be his.We traded mine forthe predator.I got top dollar for it, so it seemd like a good thing at the time to do.. If anyone flattracks it, Tory will do it, We didhave a predaotr flattrack one last year but he was runnin with the wrong tires and didnt do well, The guy who raced it, also races a few other quads ther etoo and is good,just the set up wasnt to great, I understand he is doing some hcnages for fall on it...I didnt get to go play in the sand this last wk end,TRoy did though..Werre going out this wk end again . As usual Ill take some pics.. Thank you GUY for putting the pics up for me to see;) So nono of you think the 12inch ar a big deal then?Sorry to keep askin gthis, it just seems so big for a sport quad I guess,I have never seen anyone run a 12 inch tire

kc 300EX
03-17-2003, 08:16 AM
I have Sur Traks on my 300EX and I love them. I picked them over the Realtors because they are a bit smaller, 22x11x9, and they and 2/bias ply, so they are pretty light yet very strong. Ive never had a hole in them, and they wear pretty darn good too. Just like the Realtors they are meant to go forward for dirt and in reverse for sand. If you run them forward they will dig right down until you either get traction or become hung up. Running in reverse they "float" a great deal more. I used these tires when I raced a Beach Race in Wild Wood NJ and they did awesome in the sand backwards. My opinion is to go with the Sur Traks over the Realtors.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Tina, here are some pics of the Sur-Traks, Spider Tracs and Realtors (in that order). I prefer the the Realtors because they can be run in reverse for different terrain. Who makes Spider traks?

Guy400
03-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Who makes Spider traks? ITP