PDA

View Full Version : ..Need a Couple Opinions..

2 QuicK
03-16-2003, 05:39 AM
...Well i was tightening up the bolt that goes through the clutch and spacer and all that that holds it together and snapped it because it was bent...So i took the clutch lever off and the other stuff and ordered a new bolt. Well in the meantime my brother who hasn't rode my quad in forever and who doesn't know how to ride finds the key and goes riding with no clutch lever. Just using his foot to shift for about 20 mins....Now my question is, are my gears done for? Or is it gonna be ok? Wouldn't it grind the dogs or something like that?......

Jay300ex
03-16-2003, 07:28 AM
SO what exactly did he say he did? But it in neutral, started it, revved it, then popped it in gear and road lik that? For only 20 minutes? I think It might be okay, umm, when you get the clutch working, get it warmed up and punch it and make sure it doesnt slip, and ride through all the gears, listen carefully. If he wasnt like, cranking on it around 7k RPM and shifting at that speed it should be okay.

Wouldnt he realize something was wrong when he like.. stopped?

Jay

Chanman420q
03-16-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex

Jay

i know right

Steve-o 400EX
03-16-2003, 11:25 AM
does he know its a manual clutch?? If my brother did that i'd beat him, LOL. How did he get it goin and how did he stop??

2 QuicK
03-16-2003, 01:42 PM
lol.....I never thought about how he got it going or what he did when he stopped....I was to pissed at him to ask him anything. I'll have to check with him on that one......but anyways he's an idiot he said he just forgot that it had a clutch. Ya right. But he doesnt care about anyone else's chit.

Steve-o 400EX
03-18-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Jay300ex
I think It might be okay, umm, when you get the clutch working, get it warmed up and punch it and make sure it doesnt slip, and ride through all the gears, listen carefully. If he wasnt like, cranking on it around 7k RPM and shifting at that speed it should be okay.

Jay

I agree, just run the tranny a little hard when ya get the clutch back in just to make sure everything holds.