PDA

View Full Version : ATV park near Harpers Ferry, WV?

OldGuyonaQuad
03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyone know the name of the atv park near Harpers Ferry, WV that's $30 for a yearly permit and it has a 28 mile lop?

Pappy
03-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Not that I know of

quad2xtreme
04-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I never heard of it either and I searched every ATV riding area around Maryland when I lived there. Pappy knows that whole area well from living nearby. If he doesn't know about it, it doesn't exist.

There are a couple of crappy areas in Western Maryland out around Flintstone you might be thinking about. They are public riding areas Maryland has. You could also be thinking further south at George Washington National Forest.

The better place would be Burning Rock at Beckley, WV. And then, you can drive another 30-35 minutes south into Pineville, WV to ride at Pinnacle Creek. I know you know about the 3 Hatfield trailheads from discussions on other threads. Lots of people just don't realize how close Burning Rock and that you drive right by it to get to Pineville. If your GPS tells you any other way to get to Pineville besides going up to Beckley first, don't listen to it. The fastest way is Beckley and then down to Pineville.

OldGuyonaQuad
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
I will post the name of it once my brother finds out from his customer. I know it's not that far south because he said it's less then 3 hours from Phila., and he said it was in the Harpers Ferry area. Yea I figured if Pappy didn't know it must be some private place but thanks to both of you for replying.

Pappy
04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Private is the key word and there are a few here. Craigslist just had a listing for similar. Search martinsburg area

OldGuyonaQuad
04-03-2013, 03:49 PM
thanks buddy I will check that out