PDA

View Full Version : blowen motors at round #1

mini racer #39
03-26-2013, 11:25 AM
so whats the motor number so far i know of atleast 5 minis not forsure on big quads

nastynotchback1
03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
We did not blow a motor but i know we have less compression now.Bike still pulls hard.

#404's Dad
03-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Blew one of ours, brought back several to rebuild and ship back though.

mini racer #39
03-26-2013, 12:36 PM
our 50cc rider lost one and seeing the video with them pulling three at a time off it dont look good

mheath14
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
We blew ours on the first lap. I was up all night Saturday night rebuilding it and woke up to a cancelled race and a disappointed little boy. Oh we'll it's only money.

RCR_531
03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
We did not blow a motor but destroyed a front end. Rebuilt in the rain storm for Sunday. Another sad boy when he heard the news on Sunday.

desratt
03-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Sounds like the first worcs round both this year and last year. Last year I lost 2 motors in 1 round. At that time is when I made the call to switch to cobras like I wanted to do anyways. It was a good call.

jay-r
03-27-2013, 04:31 AM
I think we got lucky. Ours didn't run long enough. Quit due to wet filters. Didn't get any mud through. Worked late waterproofing Sat night. Not sure I agree with the call to cancel Sunday. Conditions couldn't have gotten much worse. Now we have 0 points. But, they already had our money. No financial gain for them to run us on Sunday. What a way to start the season. But, at least we didn't have to put our machines through it again.

edwardsp&b
03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Sunday would have been way worse than Saturday. With all the mulch they put on that track, it doesnt hold up. It would have been a bigger mess than Saturday. Plus all the water at the whole facility runs downhill to the track. No way it would have been dry enough to race again.

I personally counted about 15 motors blown. I saw one with the jug pulled off that looked like somebody had taken two hands of muddy slime and packed into the case. Two strokes with open air filters do not like the mud at all.

Cobra50Dad
03-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Luckily we didnt blow either and didnt lose compression. We had a carb full of mud that caused his throttle to stick open.

It was nasty and I am not sure if anything would have worked Sunday as well. It turns into a 9 round series for most if us! Hope Muddy Creek stays dry!

#404's Dad
03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Cobra50Dad
Luckily we didnt blow either and didnt lose compression. We had a carb full of mud that caused his throttle to stick open.

It was nasty and I am not sure if anything would have worked Sunday as well. It turns into a 9 round series for most if us! Hope Muddy Creek stays dry!

If mud got into the carburetor especially enough to hang it wide open it got to the cylinder and it needs to be inspected whether is lost any comp or not in my opinion.

edwardsp&b
03-27-2013, 12:49 PM
If you think Aonia was bad, Muddy creek getting rain is even worse!!!!!!!! Hence the name MUDDY CREEK! Sure hope it doesnt rain on yall, Im not sure most could afford another weekend like last.
Bryan

Cobra50Dad
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks and I agree! It is coming out and getting a rebuild anyway. It is a backup motor because we didnt get stuff from cobra on time to finish our race one. (Now i am glad, before i wasnt too happy) It needs all new in it anyways! You all know more about this stuff than I do so I appreciate your input!

mini racer #39
03-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Wow 15 motors thats nuts..We have all lost motors due to rain, mud, sand, etc. I do agree with Corey if it quits running then it needs to come apart because eventually any particles in the motor will rear their ugly head. I remember Muddy Creek a few years ago when it earned its name. So I think its safe to say the blow motor count is at least 20 give or take. Sounds like just mini's and mods so far. Thanks guys for the posts.

Logan #34's Dad
03-27-2013, 09:02 PM
We cooked our Hetrick 90 stroker....... I took her apart today and lost just a crank. Cyliinder was good. Muddy mess inside!
I'll post pics if I can.
I know we had 18 signed up for 90 Open Sr and only 5 finished...One being Digby on his Raptor125(smart Daddy), One being Holley who was the smartest of all.....putted around for 2 laps and finished.
Standing water was the main problem not the mud....IMO.

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2013, 03:50 AM
Pic

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Another

jay-r
03-28-2013, 05:00 AM
That is nasty! I assume that you found mud in carb and intake also? I pulled our carbs and inspected them and the intakes on Sat. Both were spotless. I guess I will pull the reed cages and look farther.

Our single speeds didn't limp and sputter, just quit in first water splash.

mini racer #39
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
look at the heat on the bottom of that rod we have had them look the same mud sand and water are not our freind

edwardsp&b
03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Hell, Rocky has plenty of money. LOL He'll probably just order a couple of those stroked cranks to have on the shelf! LOL
Bryan

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Hell, Rocky has plenty of money. LOL He'll probably just order a couple of those stroked cranks to have on the shelf! LOL
Bryan

Dang....I wish! However, I did have one ready to put in this motor and will get this one redone. That one has been in since Unadilla.....